Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Family August Disney Trip

We got up and headed to AK for EMH. I didn't realize (or remembered) that they do the opening shows for EMH's. We got there early and they did their show RIGHT in front of us.

Of course our first ride was the Safari. This is SOOOO one of my favorites. It is one of my kids' too. Even though we were there early, it was SOOOO ridiculously hot and was't sure if we would see much movement from the animals.

However, we saw some neat things that I haven't seen before! Was so nice. And what was even nicer, is that I was able to catch them on camera without the pictures turning out too blurry! (something that I do well...)

We saw a giraffe bending over to drink. I have seen it on TV before, but never on the safari. To some people it wasn't a big deal, but I thought it was a beautiful site. Bethany was EXTREMELY excited because the giraffe is her favorite animal.

Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I also got some nice pictures of the Mrs. Lion. Mr. Lion was actually not TOTALLY laying down, but where I was sitting, I couldn't get his picture, but Mrs. Lion looked so pretty on her rock.

After the safari we headed over to EE. I didn't like it very much a couple years ago. But I have learned to REALLY like that ride! Bethany has learned to love it too, so it was a great ride for all!

After the AK, we decided to head over to MK. We were really antsy to get over there. I figured we wouldn't get a whole lot done, being that we were getting there a little late, but we just wanted to see that castle!!! Such a magical place! So, off we went!

We headed over to space mountain and was able to get a FP for it, then we rode TTA...again...one of my silly favorite rides. A ride that meant I was TRULY in MK!

We rode also rode pirates.

Space Mountain was really fun. I only remember riding the right side of SM. We were able to ride the left side this time. It felt TOTALLY different than the right side. IS it? Or was it my imagination? We rode that ride several times during our vacation. All but one time seemed REALLY jerky. Still fun, but a bit more jerkier than I remember it being....
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

We didn't stay at MK too long. It was a VERY hot day. We went back to the resort and swam for awhile, ate dinner then headed to DTD. But we got there in an odd way. I wanted to ride the POR boat, so we took a bus to one of the parks,

then took the bus to POR. We THEN took the boat to DTD.

It was such a nice evening. The air cooled down enough to make it comfortable. We walked around DTD a little bit. My kids each had $50 to spend, so they were taking in all of their options! Of course the Lego store is one of my kids' favorites.

Of course we had to stop by RFC and take a few pictures. And surprise...bethany with the giraffe!

Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Those giraffe pictures are pretty cool! A lot of times pictures from the safari all look the same, but those are unique. I've never seen a giraffe drink, in person, or on tv. That's a good way to start off my day!

Yay, Angela's trip report!!! I love reading them, it's so nice that you take the kids by yourself and have some fun!!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one dwarfed by my son! Anthony is 14 now and he is already 5'10", it's so funny when we walk together and he is towering over me Linden has shot right up!! And Bethany looks so much older!

So did you guys finally try WPE at DTD?? I love the CS plan too, but DH and the kids are always lobbying for the TS places. Hopefully we will go next year in late August and get the free dining! It's a long wait but it will be worth it.

Living with the Land is my favorite ride at Epcot, I love it too! Can't wait to read more!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Yay, Angela's trip report!!! I love reading them, it's so nice that you take the kids by yourself and have some fun!!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one dwarfed by my son! Anthony is 14 now and he is already 5'10", it's so funny when we walk together and he is towering over me Linden has shot right up!! And Bethany looks so much older!

So did you guys finally try WPE at DTD?? I love the CS plan too, but DH and the kids are always lobbying for the TS places. Hopefully we will go next year in late August and get the free dining! It's a long wait but it will be worth it.

Living with the Land is my favorite ride at Epcot, I love it too! Can't wait to read more!
    We did not try WPE. SOOO upset about that. It amazes me that regardless how long you are in Disney, you just don't do everything you want....BOO....

I would love to go back to Disney next year, but pretty sure it won't happen. Going to be going back to school and I am REALLY penny pinching right now. Things will be quite tight for awhile. I was very fortunate to go this year! And the memories are priceless!!!!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

I never rode the bus to or from DTD, but was able to find them easily and we made it back to our resort painlessly!

We got up in the morning and went to HS EMH. We were so excited about riding Toy Story Mania. We were able to ride it once last year when we were there, and loved it. And this year did not disappoint! I was the high scorer of the 4 of us! (However, you will see later, that my score did not hold up! LOL) I have little pics of HS because I forgot to charge my camera, and it died shortly after we got there.

We stayed at HS long enough to ride TSM, R&R, The great Movie Ride, Star Tours. We also ate at Pizza Planet. I think that is such a fun place to eat. We, I believe, (don't have pics to help me remember totally!) then went back to the resort and did some swimming and napping.

Then, one of our favorite things to do! We went around our resort and took lots of pictures. We love having fun with this! So please...beware...I have lots of pictures that may bore you, but they are such great memories for me, that I am going to post them!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Love the giraffe pictures- one of my favorite animals! Looks like you all had a lot of fun!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

This jack in the box - which I find a little creepy, was what was in front of our elevator to our room.

Our 2 favorite sections was the Dalmation section and the Toy Story section. However, our location was a preferred room, BUT we did not pay for it! An upgrade!!!! YEAH!!!!

And this is one of my favorites: Austin shaking Pongo's hand!

Angela
    Sunshine Rewards