Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Family August Disney Trip

We had the most fun in the Toy story part!!!!

Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

We were having lots of fun taking pictures. Until...we took these 2 pictures. We got in trouble by the Disney All Star Movie security. We were not supposed to sit on any of the figures. Oops...I felt embarassed that we got yelled at (kinda like I was in jr. high and got in trouble by the teacher LOL). But I was also glad that we got the pics done before we got "the talking to"....

Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

And cannot tour the resort without getting pictures of the lizards. We saw only a handful of them this visit. A little disappointed in that though...

Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Love the Toy Story pics- so much fun!! At least you got your picture before the talking to!! I noticed that we didn't see as many lizards when we were there in May- used to see so many more at the resorts!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures!! They are great! You look like one of the kids not the mom. I'm another mom that's dwarfed by her DS. My DS is 6'2" and I'm 5'5".

I believe you are correct about one side of SM being jerky. To us, Alpha, on the left, is now much smoother than Omega on the right. Before the refurbishment, they were both really jerky.

Love the boat ride to DTD and AS Movies. DS and DD love to go to AS Music and take pics with all the decorations. We do that alot!

So glad you had such a great time!! Keep the pics coming!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

So glad to see your pics of ASMo. I'm staying there with friends in February. It looks like such fun!
    Sunshine Rewards

I can't believe you guys still didn't make it to WPE!! How could you possibly get the QSDP and NOT go to WPE?? It boggles the mind!

So where did you end up doing the one TS?

We have had to cut down on the Disney trips too, it's so much more every year and free dining keeps getting scaled back

We are trying really hard to appreciate when we can go, it's scary to think that Anthony is starting high school now and family trips may not include him in 5 years or so.

Although when I brought it up to him, he said "Mom, why would you think I would stop wanting to go on family Disney trips when I am in college???"
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Carrie, I know!!!! Ridiculous that we didn't eat there! The problem was when we were at DTD, it was later and we ate before we left to go (we are early eaters...11 ish for lunch and 4:30ish for dinners - beat the crowds!). We ate at Planet Hollywood and T-Rex. I know...I already ate at those places. So, I didn't try anything new....BOO!

My boyfriend and his daughter joined us in Disney on our 4th day there. Planet Hollywood is his daughter's ABSOLUTE favorite, and Scott really wanted to go to T-Rex - which I really enjoyed. (Which you will see when I get this report done.)

Guess there is always next time! LOL

And Linden is a sophomore this year. I was thinking about that yesterday that I only have 3 more years with him! How scary is that!!!! They truly grow up so fast..... It is fun watching them grow. He is almost 5'6". Well...so he says. I am not sure he is that tall. I am 5'1" and I am not sure he is 5 inches taller than me.... But I will give it to him! LOL,.. He has waited SOOO long to hit a growth spurt! Good for him!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

So...on with the report... I am looking at pictures trying to remember what we did when. So...I will do my best.

Friday morning the kids and I got up and went to Epcot to ride Soarin and then went to MK for a couple hours. I don't have any pictures of that for some reason. My kids must have been tired of pics and I must have given them a break! LOL

My boyfriend, Scott and his daughter, Mandy joined us on our vacation this day. They got into Orlando around 2:30ish. We met them back at the resort and I introduced them to the food court and explained the ins and outs of the meal plan. Mandy was SOOO excited about her 2 snacks a day! LOL The second she got to the resort she says "Yeah! Can I get a snack now?" And what is funny about her, is that she is 18. She fits in quite well with the rest of us, as she (and her dad) are Disney loving and do NOT have a problem with being silly in Disney!

Once they got settled they wanted to go to DTD for a bit.

Decided to have dinner at Mandy's favorite, Planet Hollywood! Bethany's birthday was the next day, so we did a little celebrating a bit early.

It was fun that they posted events on the big screen! If only the "B" would have come out!

We didn't stay at DTD long. MK late night was this night and we decided to go! We made it until about 1:30 am. It was a great night! Nothing like MK at nighttime! SOOOO magical! The only difference I noticed this time during late EMH at MK, is that I did not notice the characters out and about. I am assuming they were there, but I didn't see even one. The last time we did EMH, there were lots of picture opportunities with characters. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful evening!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!!! So fun to see your photos & awesome you got an upgrade!! Yay!! And goodness...the kids...wow!! They grew so much in the last year!! Loved the ASMo photos too! Too fun!!

Now...do you think you'll post the photos from MK you got yelled at for taking??? :0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800