Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Future Community

Default Digital Future Community

We've been invited to try a special survey opportunity that pays you 1.50 to download a browser extension. The add-on does monitor website visits but for research only and should not overwrite cookies. I downloaded it and have not had any problems.

If you are willing to help me out and test it out right now before we really start announcing it, here is the name:

Digital Future Community

You'll find it under Offers.

Let me know if 1) you qualify, 2) you can download and install, and 3) you get returned to a Sunshine Rewards page at the end and get credit.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Is it a one-time download and when you're finished, you can take it off? Or, is it a download you have to keep on permanently?
    Barb

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    Is it a one-time download and when you're finished, you can take it off? Or, is it a download you have to keep on permanently?
    I just checked it out and you have to keep the download active for six months while they follow your internet activity...I opted to back out of it, I don't want anyone following me on the internet. HTH
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

i've seen that survey come thru SH quite a few times lately I think......I've always exited out because it says the download has to stay for 6 months and tracks the websites you visit and what you purchase......but it doesn't keep and store any personal information. I'm not interested, not even for $1.50
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

It's actually a really reputable company. One of the most reputable online for data collection. Otherwise, I would not run it. I know that some people download toolbars for .50 on other rewards sites, and I am trying to find things that I think are legit but a little outside of our normal box. It's tough.

You need to download it and give it a shot to get the credit. If it messes up your computer or you start getting any kind of spyware alerts, you should absolutely remove it immediately and let me know about it. I have a couple of toolbars that I keep on my Firefox that I know track me, but the data is important (like Alexa). It's making sure that they are not capturing any PERSONAL data that you have to be really careful of.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the internet seems to follow you everywhere you go these days. Every site I visit shows up as a banner now. At first I thought it was strange that I had just visited a site and then a few seconds later a banner with that particular site showed up. Not speaking of SR. This happens when I'm using Google or Yahoo or even my email. Someone's out there tracking our every move without our permission or without downloading a toolbar. I'm just saying.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I'll give it a try tonight when I get home and am on my personal computer. It can't be any worse than a tracking cookie if it works as you have described it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the internet seems to follow you everywhere you go these days. Every site I visit shows up as a banner now. At first I thought it was strange that I had just visited a site and then a few seconds later a banner with that particular site showed up. Not speaking of SR. This happens when I'm using Google or Yahoo or even my email. Someone's out there tracking our every move without our permission or without downloading a toolbar. I'm just saying.
    You are right. That's re-marketing. They place a cookie on your system when you visit a site. Then when you are on another site with certain types of advertising (like Google ads---which are everywhere!!), that merchant serves their ads back to you. It operates under the premise that it takes people on average 7 times to see or hear the same message before they make a purchase. I always think it's funny when I visit a merchant on SR to look for a coupon or something and then for the next week I see their banner on every news page I visit!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

Is it a German company? I had a SSI (or maybe it was SH?) survey that wanted me to download a tracking program for 6 months but I backed out of it. I had never heard of them and was a bit leery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    Is it a German company? I had a SSI (or maybe it was SH?) survey that wanted me to download a tracking program for 6 months but I backed out of it. I had never heard of them and was a bit leery.
    It's actually being done by the parent company of Greenfield.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs