Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Merchants that give rewards....

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I use the Best Buy and Shoebuy rewards ALL OF THE TIME!!! I actually made a purchase for $50 last time at Best Buy and used $25 in rewards I had from previous purchases and got the credit on the whole $50 since they are not considered discounts.

That Shoebuy rewards keeps me buying shoes every 30-45 days LOL. I don't want to miss out on that additional 10% so where I might have waited I usually just go ahead and buy something even if I won't need it for a while. It also is combined with any sales that shoebuy has or the sunshine discount they usually offer so I can usually get at least 20% off with them.
    Sunshine Rewards

i buy DVDs from deepdiscount.com. i've never had them not give me credit for a purchase, and although i'm having a different experience this time, the shipping is usually pretty quick. they have great prices, and often offer additional discounts and free shipping!
    Last edited by iluvamystery89; 08-25-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks for the feedback on this! We just added a podcast to the videoblog that talks about 20+ merchants where you can "double dip" with SR cashback as well as merchant rewards.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on this! We just added a podcast to the videoblog that talks about 20+ merchants where you can "double dip" with SR cashback as well as merchant rewards.
    I don't know if you included hotels.com, but it's looking more and more like they decided that you can't doubledip. Before, they made it impossible because you couldn't even *get to* the log in page, so you absolutely could not doubledip. When they changed the pages, it seemed you could (and we did, at least once maybe two or three times).

Anyway you might want to double-check, if your contact there is easy to get ahold of.

Or you'll learn when I do a TT or two soon enough!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    I don't know if you included hotels.com, but it's looking more and more like they decided that you can't doubledip. Before, they made it impossible because you couldn't even *get to* the log in page, so you absolutely could not doubledip. When they changed the pages, it seemed you could (and we did, at least once maybe two or three times).

Anyway you might want to double-check, if your contact there is easy to get ahold of.

I see a credit that just came through for you. Was this one where you were able to double dip? I did confirm that they do NOT pay until after the stays are completed.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Sheraton is part of starwood preferred guest (spg) program. Although my credit has not come thru for this yet my spg points are there....rather have the credit!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I see a credit that just came through for you. Was this one where you were able to double dip? I did confirm that they do NOT pay until after the stays are completed.
    I was SO happy to see that one. But it was the *third* of his recent stays (crediting for it seems to have been "timed" from when I made the reservation, interestingly). First was in Korea (checked out on the 14th), next was in Germany (checked out on the 21st), and with London he checked out on the 25th, and that is the one that credited this morning. And yes we got the welcome rewards (double dip) for that one (as well as germany and korea).

Confusing! Especially so b/c the Korea stay was actually his third at that same hotel, and getting Sunshine credit there hasn't been a problem. On the other hand, we hadn't been able to create an account and therefore get WR until just after the second stay in Korea...I just looked and there have been three stays total, including today's credit, that allowed WR and SR credits since I created the hotels.com account (and got access to WR) since late May.

If you do talk to them, if double-dipping isn't allowed, they simply need to turn it back to the old way (just a couple months ago) where you couldn't even get to the pages to log in (and thereby get to WelcomeRewards) when you clicked from Sunshine! I don't mind making a *choice* on WR vs SR, but it's confusing if they don't allow both but allow us to accidentally get to the log-in/WR section.

In this case I'm definitely not complaining, but I do want to know. Getting sunshine is great, and getting the WR "free night for every 10 nights stayed" is great (getting both was great, too, LOL)...I am merely surprised right now, and want to know the full answer. We are absolutely positively hotels.com FANS, all thanks to finding them through sunshine!!!
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 08-28-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: trying to clarify something that's hard to explain
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I need to book a hotel stay with hotels.com - is there a "correct" way to book and get SR and WR?
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I need to book a hotel stay with hotels.com - is there a "correct" way to book and get SR and WR?
    When Tricia got back from her convention, she said that she had spoken with the hotels rep, and it was allowed to double-dip. I had 3 reservations that double-dipped just fine, then the one that didn't credit and has a TT out on it (and one of hubby's co-workers who was my referral had something like 4 of 6 reservations not credit, and has TTs on them as well), and then hubby had a one night stay that I booked through hotels, and it double-dipped as well.

So it seems to be a fluke; I can't wait, and I know hubby's co-worker can't wait, for it to be figured out and credited!

So I just click through, sign in, find the hotel, book it. Of course if you need to do research first, once you know where you want to stay, clear everything (and I like waiting awhile...it's a silly "voodoo" thing with me, I want my computer sparkling clean LOL...but I think I'm the only one that does that), then go sign back in to sunshine, click through, sign into hotels, book.

Since the hotels person told Tricia it was OK, I guess it's OK!
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

When Tricia got back from her convention, she said that she had spoken with the hotels rep, and it was allowed to double-dip. I had 3 reservations that double-dipped just fine, then the one that didn't credit and has a TT out on it (and one of hubby's co-workers who was my referral had something like 4 of 6 reservations not credit, and has TTs on them as well), and then hubby had a one night stay that I booked through hotels, and it double-dipped as well.

So it seems to be a fluke; I can't wait, and I know hubby's co-worker can't wait, for it to be figured out and credited!

So I just click through, sign in, find the hotel, book it. Of course if you need to do research first, once you know where you want to stay, clear everything (and I like waiting awhile...it's a silly "voodoo" thing with me, I want my computer sparkling clean LOL...but I think I'm the only one that does that), then go sign back in to sunshine, click through, sign into hotels, book.

Since the hotels person told Tricia it was OK, I guess it's OK!
    Thanks for the quick reply - I have been debating if I should try and double dip or just go for the SR credit. The hotel is a Marriott hotel and the rate on Hotels.com blows the marriott one out of the water - same hotel, same room, same everything $33.00 a night less expensive!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards