Thread: WDW Ticket Question

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Default WDW Ticket Question

Okay two questions:

1 what does everyone do with the base tickets they get with free dining when they have a AP?

2 the AP runs from say September 26 to September 26 right?

When I've run numbers of hypothetical trips before, having an AP makes free dining not worth it because of the increased minimum ticket requirement (2 days per person). If you can get a discount on a room, general public discount or AP, adding an AP Dining Plan is probably cheaper than paying rack rate for a room, getting free dining, and paying for extra tickets you don't need.

So, I don't have the answer you're looking for. You could save them and use them on your next trip, but if you'll be renewing the AP you can't use the value of the ticket for your renewal.

And yes to your second question. It's actually good for 366 days and expires at the end of the date you bought it (a year later of course!).

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

help. Anyone else

You can save it forever and even use it to trade in for your AP or for your renewal.
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    Okay two questions:

what does everyone do with the base tickets they get with free dining when they have a AP?
    You have a few options:

1) Don't buy a MYW Package. Since you're a Passholder, use the AP discount to book Room-Only, and then join the Tables in Wonderland program and eat get the 20% discount on most of your T.S. meals. It's likely that you'll spend less money doing it this way, than by booking a Package, buying 2 days of tickets you don't need, only to get free dining.

2) If you're not worried about cost, and really want the DDP, the 2-Day Base Tickets you get with your MYW Package can be put in your family safe and used any time in the future. They're valid forever, as long as you don't use them. Once you use them, they expire 14 days from that point.

3) If you haven't gotten your APs yet, wait until after you check-in. Get your 2-Day Tickets, use them at the turnstile, then head over to a Ticket Window and upgrade them to APs. The amount you paid for the tickets will go toward the AP. That way, you won't waste any money at all!

4) Oh yeah, the best way to get answers to questions like these is to ask your Disney Travel Agent, and then book with them and get SR Cash Back. Of course!
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    Okay two questions:

the AP runs from say September 26 to September 26 right?
    If you renew today, you can get 15 months instead of 12.

Until August 31, 2010, renewals within 30 days before or after the expiration date will receive an additional 3 months and will be valid for 15 months.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800