Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mineral Makeup Suggestions Please!

Default Mineral Makeup Suggestions Please!

i got some samples of mineral makeup "foundation" through SR several months ago, bare minerals and pur minerals. the bare minerals is loose, which i wasn't too fond of (difficult to use with the tiny size and itty-bitty brush), and the pur minerals was in a small compact, which i liked better, but when i wear it, my face itches-no breakout or rash, just periodic itching.

i love the ease-of-use of the mineral makeup, so is there something else i could try? or, should i give the bare minerals another chance, maybe in a larger size? i am VERY pale (allergic to the sun) and have very sensitive skin.

i know NOTHING about makeup-until now, i've only worn it maybe twice per year, but my DD12 has been chosen to be a band manager for the high school marching band, so now we'll be going to all of the football games and competitions, and i don't want to embarrass her by showing up bare-faced.

i know many of you purchase makeup through SR regularly, so PLEASE HELP! (sorry this was so long)

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    i got some samples of mineral makeup "foundation" through SR several months ago, bare minerals and pur minerals. the bare minerals is loose, which i wasn't too fond of (difficult to use with the tiny size and itty-bitty brush), and the pur minerals was in a small compact, which i liked better, but when i wear it, my face itches-no breakout or rash, just periodic itching.

i love the ease-of-use of the mineral makeup, so is there something else i could try? or, should i give the bare minerals another chance, maybe in a larger size? i am VERY pale (allergic to the sun) and have very sensitive skin.

i know NOTHING about makeup-until now, i've only worn it maybe twice per year, but my DD12 has been chosen to be a band manager for the high school marching band, so now we'll be going to all of the football games and competitions, and i don't want to embarrass her by showing up bare-faced.

i know many of you purchase makeup through SR regularly, so PLEASE HELP! (sorry this was so long)
    I've used Bare Esentuals for over six years now and wouldn't want to use anything else. I did try that sample of Pur and I hated it, it didn't really cover stuff like BE does. I know the exact brush you got because I have a couple of them and they are really useless, get yourself a good face brush and try the BE again. Swirl the brush in the minerals, tap off the excess on the side of the jar and buff it onto your face, keep buffing...you don't need very much to cover. HTH
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

thanks that teeny brush really is difficult to use, lol.

I agree with the big brush. Mine is a kabuki brush like this and I usually dip it and blow on it a total of twice times to get my whole face.

I do switch to liquid makeup in the winter, though, because my skin starts to dry out. I alternate between mineral in the summer and liquid in the winter.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I used the bare esentuals for about 2 years and liked it, but sometimes it made me itch. I also have very, very sensitive skin. Last year I switched to Bare Minerals, the loose one from Sephora and like it much, much better than bare esentuals (mine was the loose powder), but everyone's skin is different and this may be the best option for you to try. I have the large brush for bare minerals and that is a must to get it on evenly and thin. You can layer it if you have more you want to cover, but I think it covers very well with 1 light coat. Good luck!
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Agree with everything that's been said. I use Bare Escentuals all year though. I will use nothing else. It's the best. Watch for the deals on QVC. They are great values and a good way to stock up. Don't forget to place the QVC order through Sunshine Rewards for the cash back!
    Barb

Sigh...I so wish Everyday Minerals was an SR merchant!!

Give yourself some time to practice your technique with mineral powders and you may find yourself hooked. They provide wonderful coverage and look really nice. Also try to avoid products containing Bismuth, as this can cause itching in some people. Talc also, with some. Good luck!
    Last edited by speechteachri; 08-31-2010 at 07:45 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I agree with the big brush. Mine is a kabuki brush like this and I usually dip it and blow on it a total of twice times to get my whole face.

I do switch to liquid makeup in the winter, though, because my skin starts to dry out. I alternate between mineral in the summer and liquid in the winter.
    I use a Kabuki too...a Chanel one, so soft!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

i definitely need a big brush. does anyone have any specific product recommendations? i'm really flying blind here. i've checked out several SR merchants (sephora and sheer cover, to name 2) but am feeling completely overwhelmed. i've rarely worn makeup since i quit my B&M job 11 years ago, so i'm totally out of the loop. thank you to everyone who responded!

If you are interested in mineral makeup, check out glow.com. I have been using a compact mineral make-up for a couple months now, and I am very happy with the coverage. I have large pores, and I found with Sheer Cover and Bare Minerals that they were standing out more. I feel like the compact foundation works better for me. And I did have some itching with one of the others (can't remember which), and that my skin was more irritated in colder months. I do agree with the others that you need to practice applying. I like the compact because it is so much faster for me to apply.
    Provided by FLMNetwork.com

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards