Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free for the giving

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Thanks for posting this, what an easy way to do something nice!!

On a related note, I received this in an email and wanted to pass it on for those interested.

I'm going to try to have the kids make some nice cards to send:

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include
    the following:

A Recovering American soldier
    c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
    Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

I received this email too, but unfortunately, it is not true. I just saw a report on the news that due to possible terroristic threats or the possibility of someone sending demoralizing letters to our troops, all letters and cards without a specific name will be returned to sender or discarded.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/chris...ldiercards.asp

ETA: the XEROX, lets say thanks site, however, IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE, according to snope.com so send away!!!
    Last edited by bartleby1; 12-14-2007 at 03:12 PM.
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    I received this email too, but unfortunately, it is not true. I just saw a report on the news that due to possible terroristic threats or the possibility of someone sending demoralizing letters to our troops, all letters and cards without a specific name will be returned to sender or discarded.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/chris...ldiercards.asp

ETA: the XEROX, lets say thanks site, however, IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE, according to snope.com so send away!!!
    Thanks for the update! I got that via email too and I'm usually pretty skeptical about those things but I thought that one seemed valid -- it's pretty sad that we can't even send a letter to a wounded soldier b/c some people might abuse it
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie