Thread: My next cruise!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Default My next cruise!

Yup, suppose to leave this coming Saturday, out of NY and going up the NE coast....My friends on the east coast know why this could be a problem! I don't do well with rough seas....bringing lots of wine and Bonine!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

oh boy you should have a good time though. My mom sailed around a hurricane once and she just said you have to hold on to the rails. The captain will try his best to sail around the thing.
    Sunshine Rewards

We have been on a few that had some rough seas...that's how I know I don't like rocking ships! Funny, on one of our cruises we were exiting the theater and the floor sloped down....we stood there watching people come down and all go the same direction and grabing onto the railing against the wall, just like we did before them....lots of people standing around laughing, it was hilarious. Ginger, Bonine and Wine...great combination!

No changes in our itinerary yet, I'm constantly watching what Earl is going to do. Fingers crossed.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Hhmm, seems like they should issue a credit for another trip. If not, do you have the cancellation insurance? The weather is suppose to be really bad.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Hhmm, seems like they should issue a credit for another trip. If not, do you have the cancellation insurance? The weather is suppose to be really bad.
    We have insurance but not sure if it covers this type of thing? Never heard of a cruise line canceling a cruise because of weather but I guess anything is possible...they usually go in a different direction or change the itinerary in some way to avoid the weather. We shall see. Maybe we will be going to Bermuda instead?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    We have insurance but not sure if it covers this type of thing? Never heard of a cruise line canceling a cruise because of weather but I guess anything is possible...they usually go in a different direction or change the itinerary in some way to avoid the weather. We shall see. Maybe we will be going to Bermuda instead?

Well, I'll pray that everythig goes accordingly to plan. That's just like a man to wanna mess up you're plans.

Hopefully, Earl and his followers avoid the U.S. altogether. There is nothing like having to rebuild after a hurricane hits. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    That's has happened to my sister on several cruises. Not sure if they would go to Bermuda with the next tropical depression/hurricane right on Earl's tail. It will be interesting to see where you end up. Mystery cruise!! Maybe you'll go right to Nova Scotia and hit NE on the way back.

What stops are you making beside Newport? At least if it's raining on Sunday, there won't be many tourists there. There's an Irish festival this weekend. Looks like fun!

Newport Irish Festival
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I'm thinking the hurricaine will be long gone by the time you cruise out on Saturday. Hopefully, the ship won't have any trouble getting to port that day. I'm sure they will sail far away from the hurricaine, then steam full speed ahead into port for your sailing day. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you, Pam. If you decide not to go................I don't get seasick, lol!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I'm thinking the hurricaine will be long gone by the time you cruise out on Saturday. Hopefully, the ship won't have any trouble getting to port that day. I'm sure they will sail far away from the hurricaine, then steam full speed ahead into port for your sailing day. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you, Pam. If you decide not to go................I don't get seasick, lol!
    Now that you mention it, Pat...I don't get seasick either.

I think Pat is right. I just looked at the National Weather Service Map. Earl is scheduled to be in Canada on Saturday afternoon. Looks like you will be following him.

Be glad you aren't going to Bermuda. Looks like Fiona has her eyes set on vacationing there in a few days.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Just got home from Bingo with my cruising friends (one being our cruise TA) and she just called me when she got home and the latest update is that we are set to sail as scheduled on Saturday...our ship is coming in a day early ahead of Earl from this weeks cruise, they are skipping the Halifax port and will get in Friday but they have to dock in Manhattan because there is no place in Brooklyn for them, then early Sat. morning they will scoot over to Brooklyn where the previous passengers get off and then we get on. Yay!

Our ports are:
    New Port
    Boston
    Bar Harbor
    St. John NB
    Halifax, NS
    Sea day

I saw that Fiona is following the path of Earl....guess we worry about that one on the way back home?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards