I have been planning (and saving) for a spring break trip to Hilton Head Island (DVC) next year.

Today, my 7-month window opened and I called at 9am sharp to make my reservation. We wanted a 1BR, but since there are only 21 1BR units at the resort (and 64 2BR's) I have been budgeting for a 2BR. The 2BR would add about $225 to my budget. To my AMAZEMENT....I got a 1BR!!

So, my $1650 budget just dropped by $200!! Woo Hoo!!! I've updated my ticker to reflect my SR earnings that I need to take the free trip. I'm over halfway there.

When I went to my spreadsheet and updated my expenses, I also updated my earnings. I was planning on having about $400 in AMEX rewards (redeemable for anything we charge to the room) but when I checked my statement, I discovered that I already HAVE $400 in rewards. Between now and the trip, based on our usual spending, I will probably have another $200! As of today, I only need $375 more dollars in reward money and I will be able to pay for our ENTIRE VACATION using nothing but freebies!

What an awesome surprise! A $200 savings and an extra $200 in earnings sure makes me feel better about the horrible month of August in my SR earnings. I'd been averaging about $65/month since April....until last month. I didn't even make $30. It's my own fault...I was not diligent about trying for surveys on a daily basis. I am really trying to get back on the wagon. I got three today so I think I will have a better September. Plus, the kids are back in school so I will have a little more "me" time to take the surveys.

I just had to share with those who would understand.