Thread: Super Excited and Have to Share!!

Default Super Excited and Have to Share!!

I have been planning (and saving) for a spring break trip to Hilton Head Island (DVC) next year.

Today, my 7-month window opened and I called at 9am sharp to make my reservation. We wanted a 1BR, but since there are only 21 1BR units at the resort (and 64 2BR's) I have been budgeting for a 2BR. The 2BR would add about $225 to my budget. To my AMAZEMENT....I got a 1BR!!

So, my $1650 budget just dropped by $200!! Woo Hoo!!! I've updated my ticker to reflect my SR earnings that I need to take the free trip. I'm over halfway there.

When I went to my spreadsheet and updated my expenses, I also updated my earnings. I was planning on having about $400 in AMEX rewards (redeemable for anything we charge to the room) but when I checked my statement, I discovered that I already HAVE $400 in rewards. Between now and the trip, based on our usual spending, I will probably have another $200! As of today, I only need $375 more dollars in reward money and I will be able to pay for our ENTIRE VACATION using nothing but freebies!

What an awesome surprise! A $200 savings and an extra $200 in earnings sure makes me feel better about the horrible month of August in my SR earnings. I'd been averaging about $65/month since April....until last month. I didn't even make $30. It's my own fault...I was not diligent about trying for surveys on a daily basis. I am really trying to get back on the wagon. I got three today so I think I will have a better September. Plus, the kids are back in school so I will have a little more "me" time to take the surveys.

I just had to share with those who would understand.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Yay for you!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

That's fantastic!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Congratulations - that is fantastic!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

That's wonderful! Congratulations!!
    Sunshine Rewards

WTG Kristen!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Wow!
    Sunshine Rewards

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

Yay! That's most excellent. Free is definitely a good thing!

I'm glad you all here understand....

I told my mom about the whole thing and she says, "Wow, it must be nice to have all that money to take all these fancy vacations." (She's referring to the Easter trip that we took, WITH THEM, to WDW this year)

I know that she is only saying it because my younger sister (who is REALLY good with her money) has fallen on some hard times and my parents just floated her a loan. My mom actually said, "Maybe you should share a little of that with your sister since she is having such a hard time."

It got me thinking...yeah, I *should* be a good sister and help out, but I really can't. The earnings I have accumulated for this trip are in the form of American Express rewards, Disney Visa rewards, and gift cards redeemed from other programs. The ONLY "money" that I have that could be used as cash is my SR earnings.

I explained to my mom that I really won't *have* $1600....I'll really only *have* about $700. She still doesn't get it. She insists that we should "use the money on more important things". I finally got through to her when I told her that our vacation savings account would have enough cash in it to cover the trip, but we won't need it since I'm earning it up in rewards. THEN, she realized that I am actually being responsible with my money and not "throwing it away" on a "needless" vacation.

Now, back to the surveys!

That is an awesome day you are having! Congratulations! It sounds like your dilligence has paid off!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge