Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: People who join and then just disappear...

Quote Originally Posted by jenvance View Post
    I used to come and post all of the time, but I have been sooooo busy with three kids that are active in sports and other activities it becomes very hard. I try to pop in and remotivate myself to take the surveys and such but sometimes it is tooooo hard! I will try to better!!
    Yeah!! good to see you post. I thought about you last night and said I was gonna send out a PM. I know it's hard with little ones. Please get remotivated as we miss you around here. At least when time allows.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ahhhh Lisa.... I SOOOO missed the discussions here about you and your love life! You sure make me smile and realize that marriage can still be a forever thing! You are such and encourager!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I've been a member for awhile, but I've never felt like I *belonged* (a common feeling throughout my life, FWIW)...and since I'm a big one for helping (either other SR users or trying to help with issues by describing thoroughly) and righting "wrongs", and I don't always phrase things perfectly, that can definitely be read as being complainy. Never feels like it to me, I feel like I'm helping, but eventually I tried to shush myself...

But I also got heartbroken by cyber-turned-real-life-friends from the one board where I tried to make friends ages ago (not here), so I mainly use forums for getting help, helping others, and...that's pretty much it.

A hint for not being overwhelmed by "ack" threads....don't click New Posts! I never do, don't even know where that button is. I go through each forum one by one, look at what I want to look at, don't look at what I don't want to. I see the threads that are newly posted or newly replied to, I rarely miss something, and I just plod along through it...without being overwhelmed. I don't do New Posts on ANY board I'm on...I just plod along through each subforum!

linanglab, I'm sorry you've been going through such problems. I never saw you post about any of it until you came back...
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I'm still around. But, I do more stalking than talking. My girls are in 10th and 7th grade and enjoying it very much. I encouraged them to join clubs, that is probably what I remember most about school. They took me to heart. Anna is already in 2 clubs, GS and helps with a church youth group, today, she announced a 3rd club she wants to join. Grace is already in 3 clubs, GS and helps with the same youth group.

Between their social lives and my job...and Facebook...I am not as active. But, I still love SR and do enjoy the friendships and reading about TR, weddings, new babies, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    For what it's worth, they never did respond to us. They answered us after the weekend was over and told us that they would "follow up" and get back with us. But they never did.
    I realize that it was Crocs who dropped the ball. But it's really a shame because everyone lost out as a result. I didn't order the shoes I wanted, SR didn't get the $ from the order, and Crocs lost a sale. I was hoping that Crocs would have at least honored the coupon since it was THEIR mistake. Oh, well. I do appreciate you trying.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    I'm still around. But, I do more stalking than talking. My girls are in 10th and 7th grade and enjoying it very much. I encouraged them to join clubs, that is probably what I remember most about school. They took me to heart. Anna is already in 2 clubs, GS and helps with a church youth group, today, she announced a 3rd club she wants to join. Grace is already in 3 clubs, GS and helps with the same youth group.

Between their social lives and my job...and Facebook...I am not as active. But, I still love SR and do enjoy the friendships and reading about TR, weddings, new babies, etc.
    this just cracked me up!!! Love it! Well, my lame story is that I cashed out for my trip! and I took a well deserved break. Plus, I am a homeschooling mom and when school started mid August my life got uber busy.
    I enjoy the community here too! I used to belong to a couple other boards (not rewards boards-kids clothing) which is how I met a couple of the members here who are friends. Boards go in cycles and so does life. I am back b/c I enjoy the community and the options to shop and earn but I must admit that since I can't earn any more money before I go on my trip next month I am not as 'driven' as I was before, kwim?
    funny though, as I was out shopping yesterday on the way home I was thinking gee, skechers probably is on SR and I could've earned some cash! BUT, with my kids and the need to try stuff on it is really difficult to buy online, unless I have options to return in store. Stuff like that makes me buy offline instead. Not b/c of anything else really......I need a nintendo ds for my dd's bday coming up though...so I am going to look here first! She doesn't have to try that on!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Ahhhh Lisa.... I SOOOO missed the discussions here about you and your love life! You sure make me smile and realize that marriage can still be a forever thing! You are such and encourager!
    Gril, all of that talk can get you in a lot of trouble. That's how I ended up with 6 year old twins.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Gril, all of that talk can get you in a lot of trouble. That's how I ended up with 6 year old twins.

Hahahaha!!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Lisa, Lisa, Lisa you just beat all.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I'm one of those disappearing people. I joined SR awhile back for a Disney trip. I got frustrated because I had a hard time qualifying for surveys. After I got $25 (most from shopping), I cashed out and quit.

Now I have a WDW trip and a Disney cruise planned for next year. So I thought I would give it another try. I got excited to see that there are more survey opportunities but wouldn't you know it...I can't seem to qualify for most of them. Today I tried all 6 of the survey opportunities several times. After all of that, I made it to the end of two surveys

After reading some of the posts here, I've decided I'm going to keep trying. I really need the money but it does get a bit frustrating to spend 5 or 10 minutes answering questions only to be told you don't qualify