Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: People who join and then just disappear...

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    Hey Everyone!! I've been stalking and not talking too! Yes, off the forums for quite awhile now, I've been soooo busy, BUT that's a good thing!

A little catch up here: My DD graduated from Grad school in May, got her 1st apartment over the summer and landed a new job with the State of MA. Me? I've been working like crazy, Cape Cod had a great Summer and I've been getting ready for my big trip in September! And my TA business is booming! (Thanks to a few of my SR friends!! )

Still do most of my shopping through SR thou'!

Love and Miss you all!!
    Deb T ºOº
    Nice to "see" you here!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Maybe one afternoon when you have some time we can sit down and go through the things to check and see if we can figure out what is blocking your laptop. It seems so strange but with computers and the internet nothing ever shocks me. I have to keep my laptop plugged in to the ethernet (yellow) chord in order for things to post. I can't use my wireless to do surveys or shopping or they won't post. I have never figured out why but it just is LOL. However, plugged in it all credits. Wacky. Anyways, maybe if we go through and try some things with you we can figure out what is up. I would be fustrated if half of my items didn't post. Catch me one afternoon when you have time and I will see if I can help you.
    Thanks! I do use wireless internet, so maybe thats my problem.

I haven't tried a lot yet, but a Daily Survey did go through.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    I've been a member for awhile, but I've never felt like I *belonged* (a common feeling throughout my life, FWIW)...and since I'm a big one for helping (either other SR users or trying to help with issues by describing thoroughly) and righting "wrongs", and I don't always phrase things perfectly, that can definitely be read as being complainy. Never feels like it to me, I feel like I'm helping, but eventually I tried to shush myself...

But I also got heartbroken by cyber-turned-real-life-friends from the one board where I tried to make friends ages ago (not here), so I mainly use forums for getting help, helping others, and...that's pretty much it.

A hint for not being overwhelmed by "ack" threads....don't click New Posts! I never do, don't even know where that button is. I go through each forum one by one, look at what I want to look at, don't look at what I don't want to. I see the threads that are newly posted or newly replied to, I rarely miss something, and I just plod along through it...without being overwhelmed. I don't do New Posts on ANY board I'm on...I just plod along through each subforum!

linanglab, I'm sorry you've been going through such problems. I never saw you post about any of it until you came back...
    I agree with a lot of what you said. I try and help out when I can with the newbies, but sometimes I feel like I have to be extremely careful in how I word things. I also don't click new posts- that helps with avoiding all the negativity I suppose!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Maybe one afternoon when you have some time we can sit down and go through the things to check and see if we can figure out what is blocking your laptop. It seems so strange but with computers and the internet nothing ever shocks me. I have to keep my laptop plugged in to the ethernet (yellow) chord in order for things to post. I can't use my wireless to do surveys or shopping or they won't post. I have never figured out why but it just is LOL. However, plugged in it all credits. Wacky. Anyways, maybe if we go through and try some things with you we can figure out what is up. I would be fustrated if half of my items didn't post. Catch me one afternoon when you have time and I will see if I can help you.
    That's a really good tip. I need to try it as I gave up on surveys and most offers a while back. It seemed like I went about 2 months when nothing would credit - nothing, and then the GF surveys will lock up my computer (bought a new computer, still locks it up)...I'll have to try that this evening.

I too am a member that was once active, but had to let something go and SR Forums ended up being one of those things. With a daughter in high school (Graduated in May and is now at A&M Corpus) who was in every activity imaginable, a job change (twice in the last 3 years), and my 10 year old who is pretty active too...life as a single mom just got crazy and almost my entire online world had to pause for a while.

Hoping to ease back into things. I've really missed everyone.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    That's a really good tip. I need to try it as I gave up on surveys and most offers a while back. It seemed like I went about 2 months when nothing would credit - nothing, and then the GF surveys will lock up my computer (bought a new computer, still locks it up)...I'll have to try that this evening.

I too am a member that was once active, but had to let something go and SR Forums ended up being one of those things. With a daughter in high school (Graduated in May and is now at A&M Corpus) who was in every activity imaginable, a job change (twice in the last 3 years), and my 10 year old who is pretty active too...life as a single mom just got crazy and almost my entire online world had to pause for a while.

I've missed you! Welcome back.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post

How wonderful to see you post!! I've thought of you often. How are those beautiful girls? Wow. How time flies. Your oldest is in college now.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    How wonderful to see you post!! I've thought of you often. How are those beautiful girls? Wow. How time flies. Your oldest is in college now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    I've missed you! Welcome back.
    I've missed everyone here too and yes, time flies by so fast.

The girls are good. Cameron started 5th grade this year. She turned 10 last month. Having a hard time believing my baby is so big. Becka started at A&M Corpus this year. She's loving it, but I'm missing her..6 hours is a long ways away!
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!