Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: People who join and then just disappear...

As most of you probably figured out a couple weeks back, I finally had enough of the survey complaining and also noticed that a lot of old regulars weren't posting, thus the new "survey problem, b*tching,discussion whatever" only thread. I do hope this brings more of the old ones back. I do see that they are on here reading the threads, just not posting, and I for one miss them.

I'll need to work on SG about getting the chat back to working for everyone cause I know a lot of you are like me and it isn't working for us for some reason. We had some really great chats and fun in there, especially on trivia contest nights.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I was just heading over here to read the forum (because I was feeling guilty that I don't put in as much SR time as I use to)..... thanks for starting this thread...maybe it is my much needed 'kick in the pants' to get me back on track.

For me I think it is because my girls are getting older and I don't have as much down time to take the surveys..... which i miss doing, and honestly I know that many complain (for the most part I ignore them)and I know that you can't always make everyone happy, even with 'free money'.....

I also miss the chats we use to have sunday nights..........maybe this winter we can try again!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I get on here every chance I get but DGS has now turned one and with me working and then taking care of him for DD to work and go to college, it's usually midnight before I get a chance to breathe. I always come back here as often as possible because I love it here though! So if you don't see me for a few days or weeks, I'm probably just chasing DGS around and as Sly said "I'll be back!"
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post

I'll need to work on SG about getting the chat back to working for everyone cause I know a lot of you are like me and it isn't working for us for some reason. We had some really great chats and fun in there, especially on trivia contest nights.
    That would be nice. Maybe we can have an end of Summer party.
    Sunshine Rewards

As others have said, I think that the survey complaint threads can get even the old timers down. I do think it has helped to limit the survey issues to one thread rather than having them spread all over the forum! I really appreciate that effort.

Unfortunately, I think some people are expecting or wanting this to be a "get rich quick" kind of thing and get discouraged when it doesn't add up as fast as they want. They want the big earnings, but aren't willing to put in the time and effort it takes. I for one appreciate the stability of Sunshine Rewards as well as their focus of being a "loyalty site" (shopping and surveys).

I miss some of the regular posters as well and hope they make their way back at some point!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    As most of you probably figured out a couple weeks back, I finally had enough of the survey complaining and also noticed that a lot of old regulars weren't posting, thus the new "survey problem, b*tching,discussion whatever" only thread. I do hope this brings more of the old ones back. I do see that they are on here reading the threads, just not posting, and I for one miss them.

It would be fun to get regular chats going again...they were really fun, and a really good way to help everyone get to know each other better and develop the community feeling...and the trivia nights were a fun way to get people interested.

I do miss all the fun...but thinking about it, it really was related to the regular chats. I always missed them when I was not able to participate. Maybe when chat is back and running well it might be possible to schedule a couple of chats a week so that people won't feel so bad if they have to miss one...we tried a couple of months back , and had a nice chat time with 4 or 5 of us one night...even that builds cameraderie...I miss it.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm not posting as much because life is so busy for one, and for another, I seem to step on toes sometimes without meaning to! But mainly I just do not have as much time even for doing surveys with a lot of new responsibilities along with 4 kids.......I somehow don't think I'm one that's missed too much tho! I do keep checking in tho and and am not planning on ever quitting SR because I appreciate all the great earning opportunities, the friendly forum, etc.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    I'm not posting as much because life is so busy for one, and for another, I seem to step on toes sometimes without meaning to! But mainly I just do not have as much time even for doing surveys with a lot of new responsibilities along with 4 kids.......I somehow don't think I'm one that's missed too much tho! I do keep checking in tho and and am not planning on ever quitting SR because I appreciate all the great earning opportunities, the friendly forum, etc.
    I think whenever someone doesn 't post for a while after being very active it is noticable...keep posting when you can!
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I still read the forums almost daily, but don't always sign in or post as regularly as I used to. I'm glad the survey complaint issue has been limited to 1 thread, but I get a little frustrated when some days it seems like that is the most active part of the forum. Some of the info imparted in that thread is useful, but there is still a fair amount of whining and complaining going on that completely turns me off. Tricia, Cindy and our wonderful mods must have the patience of Job trying to keep it all in check.

It used to be so much fun to come to the forum and see what everyone was up to. Whatever happened to a lot of our fun threads, like family pics and furbabies? Thank goodness we still get the occasional TR's!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I still read the forums almost daily, but don't always sign in or post as regularly as I used to. I'm glad the survey complaint issue has been limited to 1 thread, but I get a little frustrated when some days it seems like that is the most active part of the forum. Some of the info imparted in that thread is useful, but there is still a fair amount of whining and complaining going on that completely turns me off. Tricia, Cindy and our wonderful mods must have the patience of Job trying to keep it all in check.

It used to be so much fun to come to the forum and see what everyone was up to. Whatever happened to a lot of our fun threads, like family pics and furbabies? Thank goodness we still get the occasional TR's!
    I think a lot of the folks that kept those threads going are no longer as active as they used to be. Some I don't ever see on anymore, unfortunately. I think it has to do with the natural cycle of things...I do think if chat started again, and we could get people interested, it would foster more community spirit, and maybe we'd have more of those threads again...???

Also, I think many of the original members of SR that were really active here are now friends on FB...with all the pictures posted there and all the up to the minute updates on people's lives, posting updates and pics here is not as "necessary."
    Last edited by speechteachri; 09-06-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards