Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't ask what is in the water

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Ok, I must be an odd duck b/c the thought of a small sprinkling of ashes in the water doesn't creep me out either.

People have their ashes sprinkled all over the place.......it's just a tiny bit and I don't think it hurts anything....

I love how the media made it into something sensational though by choosing to say that she was "dumping human remains".......here I'm picturing a lady dumping arms and legs into the ride and it turns out she was just sprinkling in some cremated ashes! Gotta love the media!!
    I'm with you. I was so creeped out from the headline that someone was caught tossing "human remains" which is mind was arms, legs, ears, noses...AND that this sort of thing was happening more frequently--WHAT!

I was simply relieved to hear that it was a sprinkling of ashes in fulfillment of a last wish. Would I be extra careful to ensure that I didn't get the water on me and certainly not in my mouth, yes. But I wouldn't necessarily be upset about the sprinkling of ashes.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    That's what I thought they meant too! I was wondering how she got body parts past the oh so wonderful bag check!

Isn't scattering ashes considered improper disposal of human remains though?
    Every state usually has its own laws surrounding disposal of ashes. I doubt any state allows you to just scatter them where you will but........I think we all know that people generally don't obey those laws and just secretly scatter ashes wherever the deceased person requested.

I know my DH and I have both talked about where we want our ashes scattered. I don't want to be sitting around on a coffee table somewhere, I would rather be returned to the earth.

Not trying to be morbid, I work in estate planning though so we talk about death a lot!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Ok, this article makes things clearer.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...la-home-center

I figured there is no health risk actually involved with a small amount of ashes and that seems to be the case.

The thing with the 7 year old boy really got to me But the fireworks thing was talk about going out with a bang!!
    Last edited by LuvMyBoys; 11-16-2007 at 02:47 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

DH & I both said we'd want our ashes sprinkled around WDW too. However, I started to think about it & I'm like, "Steve, we wouldn't be there long, they clean ALL the time. So we'd probably be sprinkled around, hit someone in the face, get in their hair & then land at the bottom of the ride. That night we'd then get sucked into the vacuum system & then sent to lord knows where. I think I'll pass."

Sometimes I overthink things...don't even get me started on if I won the lottery!! I mean, I'd HAVE to change where I get my hair done...he'd be expecting a HUGE tip!!

However, IF I were gauranteed a safe place at WDW, I'd for sure want to be sprinkled there! Man, what if they open a cemetary so people CAN get buried there?? Maybe that's the new park they're coming up with!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

When I first read it, I thought the exact same thing about the "human remains." LOL! I was thinking--Did she kill her husband and then cut him up and figure she could hide the body there??

Can you imagine the poor person who has to clean up the Haunted Mansion when they discover a pile of "dust" somewhere? Gives a whole new meaning to "Cleanup in Aisle 7."
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post

Sometimes I overthink things...don't even get me started on if I won the lottery!! I mean, I'd HAVE to change where I get my hair done...he'd be expecting a HUGE tip!!
    Kind of off topic, but here you can hire a lawyer to act as your proxy for the lottery transaction. For that transaction you are a John or Jane Doe (or Smith or whatever) and the lawyer collects the money on your behalf. That way you aren't identified but the lotter still gets their publicity. Not sure what the lottery laws are like there.

As for what I want done when I'm gone, just plant me beneath a tree or flower garden somewhere. I like the idea of my body being used to nurture other life. And hey, there are a lot of gardens at WDW/DL!
    Sunshine Rewards

i too thought at first it was body parts, arms, legs, torso, head.

but once i read ashes, i was like, oh ok. no biggy to me. it doesn't gross me out at all. a little dust watered down, oh well.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    SG just sent me this link and all I can say is EWWWW!!!

Disneyland workers were recently forced to close the "Pirates of the Caribbean" attraction after a ride security camera caught a woman apparently dumping human remains, in what may be a growing trend.....

http://www.local6.com/news/14611438/detail.html
    That is just GROSS!!!! I always tell my kids not to put their hands in the water because it is nasty. Didn't know just how correct I was on that!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I do think that it is a little gross. But before I started REALLY reading it, I was thinking someone was dumping actual bits and pieces of someone into the water. Now that would be REALLY gross.

Maybe they ought to have a drop off point for the dead. A sign could read

"Please dispose of your body HERE" LOL

Okay....maybe that is a bit morbid, but people DO want their ashes spread over Disney, so a drop off point would be better than a someone sneaking ashes on a ride or show somewhere.
    I was thinking the same think! What a way to take care of a body! but it was just ash. so that is not as bad as i had thought!

I would want to be over the entire 40 miles of disney world... I wonder how much ash one would need....
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Okay, it took me until the end of the day to find this thread (I was caught up in the Smart Bargain shoe buying spree!) but I thought I'd chime in.

It has been going on at DL for quite some time. Over in the area of the wishing well by the castle is a very quiet spot that some folks think is the perfect place to put Aunt Betty to rest. CMs do spot it happening every now and then but by the time they're able to react the dust has settled and the folks move on. There are some lovely flowers over there..........

I do have my own personal story about a visit to Valley Forge with about 20 other crazy dog people who said goodbye to a long-time breeder friend of ours complete with the busting open of the urn, more of a Morton Salt girl type of sprinkling (complete with umbrellas because it was raining) and a drug bust happening at the same time about 100 yards away. That's probably not for this board, however.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards