Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchased my 1st Christmas Present

Default Purchased my 1st Christmas Present

Bethany's favorite animal is a giraffe. So, at Hancock Fabrics I found discounted giraffe skin looking fleece. It was 50 percent off. I think it was like $5.00 per yard which is great! (And SR credit too) SOOOO excited! Now I just have to get the bottom matching fleece and make the blanket. She will be super happy to get this! We are what you would call a "blanket" family. We have no shortage of blankets at this house. Even in the summer we have blankets to snuggle up to....

So...have you all started your shopping? I know some of you... Some of you probably finished! But I am happy to have at least started!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I did! I bought a bunch of the Zipit coin purses (through Sunshine Rewards of course). I'm going to use them as stocking stuffers. I just love them! I think SunshineCindy had a video review of them a while back which prompted my purchase. They are very cool!
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    I did! I bought a bunch of the Zipit coin purses (through Sunshine Rewards of course). I'm going to use them as stocking stuffers. I just love them! I think SunshineCindy had a video review of them a while back which prompted my purchase. They are very cool!

Must has missed these! What are they and where are they? Thanks!
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

They are a merchant on Sunshine Rewards and after the video review (maybe a link for it can be posted again) I had to have them. When you take them out of the box, they look like just one side of a zipper and when you zip them up, they form the shape of a purse, etc. They come in all sorts of colors and the metal part of the zipper can be the same color, a different color, or a "rainbow" sort of color. I think they're so much fun! Great stocking stuffer.

UPDATE: Found the link for the video: http://www.sunshinerewards.com/video...product-zipit/
    Last edited by DarcyDog; 09-13-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    They are a merchant on Sunshine Rewards and after the video review (maybe a link for it can be posted again) I had to have them. When you take them out of the box, they look like just one side of a zipper and when you zip them up, they form the shape of a purse, etc. They come in all sorts of colors and the metal part of the zipper can be the same color, a different color, or a "rainbow" sort of color. I think they're so much fun! Great stocking stuffer.

UPDATE: Found the link for the video: http://www.sunshinerewards.com/video...product-zipit/
    Thanks so much! Off to watch it.
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

i just bought a few Christmas gifts today from LTD Commodities-got a nintendo DS game vault and tiny purse for DD, a 4-in-1 fleece hood for DH, and a 325 piece knex set for my nephew. i might go ahead and give DD the tiny purse and DH the fleece hood-DD needs the purse for football games (she's a band manager and can't keep her new, touch-screen cell phone in her pocket) and DH will need the hood for work when it gets cold in a few weeks.

I bought something on Ebay for daughter #2 for Christmas because its really hard to find and it was such a good price I thought I better jump on it. I.m going to start watching for some things now that I have a better idea what I'm going to get everyone.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I haven't started yet. For over 25 years It's been a tradtion for me to begin my shopping on October 1st, but since I've had the twins I think I need to start a little earlier.

They are asking for a Nintendo DS. Don't think they are old enough for that right now. They are only six and I think their Leapsters are still age appropriate.

I just read an email that Toys R Us is offering layaway again this year. That would be a great way to start early and keep it at their facility for storage until needed. LOL. The only drawback is that it's In-Store only, so no SR cash back. LOL.

The older kids will get money, gift cards. I'm out of things to buy them now.

But yes, it's that time again! Christmas. My favorite time of the year!
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I haven't started yet. For over 25 years It's been a tradtion for me to begin my shopping on October 1st, but since I've had the twins I think I need to start a little earlier.

They are asking for a Nintendo DS. Don't think they are old enough for that right now. They are only six and I think their Leapsters are still age appropriate.

I just read an email that Toys R Us is offering layaway again this year. That would be a great way to start early and keep it at their facility for storage until needed. LOL. The only drawback is that it's In-Store only, so no SR cash back. LOL.

The older kids will get money, gift cards. I'm out of things to buy them now.

But yes, it's that time again! Christmas. My favorite time of the year!
    Lisa, my youngest DGD is 6, almost 7 and got a DSi last Christmas. She thoroughly enjoys using it. There are a lot of fun and educational games you can get for it, so it might be something to consider, especially since your twins are so bright. It's always expensive X2 though. Up until then, she also played with her leapster, so if you decide to wait a while longer, I think they will be fine, lol.

I bought my two youngest DGD's each an American Girl doll for Christmas during QVC's special this past weekend. These were my first official Christmas purchases. I'm racking my brain as to what to buy DGD10 this year. She loves gadgets and has more than her share of them. I'd get her clothes, but she is very particular, so I might end up with gift certificates. I hate doing that to a 10 year old. I'm hoping to get ideas from this thread.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Wow! You are ahead of the game. I haven't started yet. I need to talk with my family to see what exactly we want to do this year. None of us need anything but that would make for a dull Christmas.
    Sunshine Rewards