Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney e-gift cards?

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    It sounds like a great idea. My problem is that I am a chronic resort changer. I am constantly changing packages as well. That is just me. I would be hated by a travel agent by the end of the process! I know some of the WDW reservation agents get frustrated when I call. I can hear it in their voices!
    I dunno...Tom and I exchanged *several* emails in just a few days (and that was just for the process of me handing over an already booked (with a giftcard!) reservation to his agency) and he only ever seemed amused (even when I was typing while giddy from heat exhaustion and making NO sense) and happy to help, not annoyed.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    I dunno...Tom and I exchanged *several* emails in just a few days (and that was just for the process of me handing over an already booked (with a giftcard!) reservation to his agency) and he only ever seemed amused (even when I was typing while giddy from heat exhaustion and making NO sense) and happy to help, not annoyed.
    I can't even tell you how many times I've asked Tom what he did today and said, "I changed so and so's reservation to this..." It just comes with the territory - people who love Disney can never decide what they want, cause they know it's all awesome! Luckily with DVC we are pretty locked in to a few options, because otherwise we'd be flipping and flopping all the time

Default sorry to hijack the thread, but...

Seriously? I thought we could only apply gift cards towards our reservation if we booked directly through Disney. So we could use gift cards towards our reservation AND book through Mouse Unlimited? If that's the case, we'll be contacting you all in a few months to plan for 2011!

Happymom, I was wondering about the E-gift cards, too. Good question!

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    Mouse Unlimited would be happy to apply as many gift cards to your reservation as you'd like and help you earn more SR money along the way If you transfer an existing reservation you'll still qualify for cash-back too!
    ShanPooh

Sunshine Rewards Member #6059

You can definitely use gift cards and still work with a travel agent!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by ShanPooh View Post
    Seriously? I thought we could only apply gift cards towards our reservation if we booked directly through Disney. So we could use gift cards towards our reservation AND book through Mouse Unlimited? If that's the case, we'll be contacting you all in a few months to plan for 2011!

Happymom, I was wondering about the E-gift cards, too. Good question!
    Yup, travel agents can accept any form of payment that Disney accepts, including gift cards, Disney Visa rewards, and credit cards.

I don't know anything about e-gift cards, but if they have all the numbers like regular gift cards, you can probably apply them to a trip as well. Just keep the numbers stored somewhere in case you do cancel, like has been previously mentioned.

AWESOME!
    ShanPooh

Sunshine Rewards Member #6059

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    I can't even tell you how many times I've asked Tom what he did today and said, "I changed so and so's reservation to this..." It just comes with the territory - people who love Disney can never decide what they want, cause they know it's all awesome! Luckily with DVC we are pretty locked in to a few options, because otherwise we'd be flipping and flopping all the time
    Tom sounds like a great guy. Thanks dwkay8, mollyeilis and SunshineGirl for sharing your experiences with Mouse Unlimited. As I mentioned before, it is my indecisiveness until about 30 days before I leave for vacation that causes me to shy away from TA's. I have too much respect for their time. So long as they don't mind working with someone like me, it could make for a great trip.
    Last edited by happymom; 09-14-2010 at 04:06 PM.

I agree 100%! You really should give Tom and Mouse Unlimited a try. I am one of the crazy Disney planners also and Tom has received plenty of emails from me asking to change things on my reservation. He has always been happy to help and always seems in good spirits about it. You can't beat that type of customer service and cash back from SR!!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    As I mentioned before, it is my indecisiveness until about 30 days before I leave for vacation that causes me to shy away from TA's. I have too much respect for their time. So long as they don't mind working with someone like me, it could make for a great trip.
    You could always be indecisive and then transfer the reservation to him at the end.

Our reservation that was transferred to them is just for 2 nights and I'd already done everything (ME, dining, etc). To me, it's a win-win-win, because we get the same price through them as we could get ourselves (and maybe better), plus we get a little bit back, sunshine gets a little, and MU gets a little!

And despite so many emails for a paltry two night reservation, he then sent me the list of all the things the agency can do for their clients! WOW! They'll do it all, even down to putting your itinerary on 3x5 cards for you.

OK wow I just read the about us page...very cool! dwkay8 I take it you're the other half of MU?
    Sunshine Rewards

OK wow I just read the about us page...very cool! dwkay8 I take it you're the other half of MU?
    Yup Most SR members probably never talk to me for their trips since I do the dining and itinerary planning. SR members tend to do the planning themselves, or maybe plan everything and we just put it on the 3x5 cards.