Thread: Back from NYC

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Back from NYC

Well I am back from NYC but I am not fully recovered. Planning back to back weekend trips (first to Pittsburgh) then to NYC was not a smart thing to do! I will try and summarize my trips though as best as possible within the next day or two. I'll probably start with NYC since I didn't really take that many photos (I know right?!) and then deal with Pittsburgh later since I do have some photos from there.

So NYC here we go.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok so my flight out of Houston to go to Newark departed at 6am. What was I thinking? That meant I needed to be at the airport by 5am which meant waking up was scheduled for 4am. Of course I was scared of oversleeping and had a bout of anxiety over it so I didn't take a sleeping pill. So I tossed and turned all night until I gave up at 2am and started doing my shopping research (which stores were located where and at what time) and Broadway research. So by 3:30 I was wide awake and sweating and decided to try and get ready to go. I managed to look halfway fashionable with hair, makeup and accessories and only woke Mike up 2 times when I couldn't find the right bra or to tell him bye. He was so out of it I don't think he really knew what was going on.

So I leave out at 4:20 which was right on schedule and head to the airport. I was debating whether to park in an exterior lot or at the terminal but it was so early in the morning, dark, and closing in to 5am that I panicked and parked at the terminal. I later learned that was not the right move when I got the $51 bill.

Everything else that morning went fine. I got my Starbucks and loaded onto the plane and read on my Kindle for the whole flight since I still was too anxious to sleep. I arrived in Newark at 10:30 am and had an hour to burn. I was expecting a fabulous airport but got basically the Houston airport with a few shops and foodcourt so I settled in with a dunkin donut and thought about starting a new book but then decided on a manicure. The manicure was nice and took up some of my wait time. The only thing I wish they would have told me was that when they ran my bill they included tip already because I didn't know and tipped twice! Talk about an expensive manicure. I learned my lesson though.

So I had a half hour of waiting left and got on my Blackberry and read a little on here and checked my email until it was time for my friend's flight to land. They were a tad late pulling into the gate because her pilot threw a fit about people unbuckling their seatbelts before they came to a stop. So he made them wait on the runway for 20 minutes until everyone was rebuckled and they could go park. Glad that wasn't my pilot. I probably would have killed him while walking off the plane.

We grabbed our taxi and headed into the city!
    Sunshine Rewards