Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit Issues

Default Credit Issues

Just a reminder that the forum rules stipulate that you are not supposed to talk about not getting credits for things in the forum. If you believe that you should have gotten credit for something and did not, you need to file a trouble ticket. We've recently hired someone whose sole purpose is to investigate non-credit issues.

A lot of times we have threads that just turn into big complaint threads. It makes it look like SR is either intentionally not crediting people or often does not credit people, which proportionately, about 98% of our transactions credit just as they should. The bad stuff just tends to stand out when we talk about it so much.

Every now and again we will post asking if people are seeing any trends in non-credits to see if there are major issues with particular offers or merchants as opposed to individual problems that are usually the result of a person's computer settings. That is the perfect time to air out dirty laundry while being productive in helping us weed out the bad advertisers.

Thanks for your cooperation in this. We don't want to scare off potential new members by making it look like we never give credits.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks for the reminder Tricia.

You have just spoiled us by staying on top of the credits all the time. During this busy shopping season we all just need to remember there are some things that are out of your control and we must be patient.

No complaints here. I have never been so far along with my Christmas shopping, credits or no credits. I am so happy to have so much of it done this early.

Thanks Tricia..........laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

So...since I don't remember reading that, I would love clarification.

Say, for instance, someone comes in and says "I saw this, does it credit?" The only people who are allowed to answer this are those for whom the thing DID credit? What happens to the person with that expectation, if it doesn't, for whatever reason?

I can see wanting to make sure ALL of the story gets told (though just looking at signatures tells quite a bit!), but if we can't talk about it at all, then you're just skewing things the other way, which could then cause you more TTs.

Also, is this for questions, too, as in "how long does it usually take Dell to credit", which does imply no-credit-yet, but would be asked in order to keep from making a TT at x weeks, if the answer is x+y weeks.

Do those questions make sense?

Thanks in advance!
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

The issue is with posts about how they have such and such a list of offers or shopping that are not crediting. Threads that are focused on the offers and shopping credits that don't credit only reflect the negatives. Those are items that are supposed to be handled by creating a TT and allowing the administrators to handle the issue.
    Sunshine Rewards

Along with what Janet said---

It's fine to ask in general if a particular offer is crediting before you do it because you don't want to take a chance if it isn't crediting well. If too many people respond that it isn't, I'll pull it. (same for a merchant). I can usually tell on my end if more than 30 people sign up for something and we don't get any credits. But sometimes an offer can go bad long after it was good.

What I don't want is a lot of "Tricia, I didn't get credit for X." And I'm seeing a lot of those now. First, I miss posts. And then it looks like I am ignoring people if I don't respond. Second, I can't associate all of the usernames with accounts, so I can't even tell who it is who is saying they don't get credit sometimes. Third, it makes merchants look bad when a lot of times it was the member's fault for not following the rules and then the merchants find the posts using a Google search and get angry with me. And lastly, I can't keep track of who I have helped and who I haven't. That's the advantage of the trouble ticket system. We can better keep track of who we are helping and what the problems are.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

gee I'm sorry! I made a post like that recently. I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting credits all of a sudden.

I'll be more aware of that in the future. Thanks for the reminder!
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by nicholfamily5 View Post
    gee I'm sorry! I made a post like that recently. I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting credits all of a sudden.

I'll be more aware of that in the future. Thanks for the reminder!
    No worries. It's definitely not isolated to one (or even ten!) people. I think it's just a pattern that the forum in general has gotten into and I have not done a very good job of policing it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Sunshine girl I think this is great to point out as I had no clue this was a "rule" here and I have been here sence almost the begining .
    Sarah~Mama to David, Emma, Ashlynn-grace and Peyton Alise 10-4-07Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding TickerSunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I thought that I would post the link to the sticky here since some people may not have seen it or ever read it and some of us (me included) may need a refresher LOL

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1

This is just the Forum rules sticky that Tricia originally posted when the forum opened.
    Sunshine Rewards

are things added to that sticky often ? I know that sticky was not that long a few monthes ago .
    Sarah~Mama to David, Emma, Ashlynn-grace and Peyton Alise 10-4-07Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding TickerSunshine Rewards