Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbia House DVD problem???

Default Columbia House DVD problem???

I don't know how, but somehow I was mysteriously signed up for Columbia House DVDs today. Has anyone ever had this happen? If so, what can you do to get out of their system? It seems almost impossible from what i have been trying today. I would appreciate any helpful suggestions on this one!
    Thanks

That's not good. Did you get the email and everything from them, or did it just show up on your credit card?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

No charge on my credit card yet only the email about my membership, but it does say they'll be billing & sending out DVDs. I reported it to the BBB of Indiana where they are located and emailed. Hopefully that works. On a happy note I got my Disney Gift card yesterday!!

Yes! I received the exact same thing. Here is what I did and happily I had a "as a courtesy, your membership has been cancelled" email this morning. I wrote them an email through the website customer service. Title it anything except Cancel Membership, because it won't let you send that. Then I told them I did not set up the account (which they claimed today I did~but I know I didn't). I also reported this type of action to the Better Business Bureau of Indiana. They should not be allowed to set up account without a true signature email or something. Hopefully you can get in touch with them and get cancelled out too!

This is disturbing. Do they have the correct mailing information to match up with your email address?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

They did have the correct email and name and address. So they are ready to send out DVDs and charge me. Luckily I emailed immediately and told them I was reporting them. They still claimed that I filled out all the sign up for them which I never did. I do know they are often on the surveys as a yes or no option, but I never choose Yes as an option. If I did, that was an accident and by no way acknowledging that I joined their paying club. Luckily it is all resolved for now. I am sure I will receive DVDs, but they also said they'd send return prepaid slips to me. Hope everyone else can get it cancelled as well!

You have to be careful with some things like this. Many of the "free" surveys have Columbia House listed as an advertiser. They will automatically fill in your info and submit it to the company. Make sure that any time you see a form automatically filled in, you must delete your info from that form if it is something that you don't want. Also, on the ones that say "see more offers in this category", make sure to click that button and click "no" for all the offers that are hidden as well.

I got an email from BMG saying they are sending the CD I requested. I never signed up for this and I never asked them to send me a Tom Petty CD. I sent an email back saying that I want my account cancelled. I am really frustrated with them.

llgray-that is good advice. I thought I was being really cautious - I just hope that they cancel my account.

Hi there! This might be a really naive suggestion, but I notice BMG and CH DVD appearing on a lot of the extended survey offers. Is it possible that you checked through on one of those and got signed up that way?

I'm having a similar-but-different problem. Signed up for DVD Club, received email and DVDs within like 4 days, and haven't gotten credit for it yet.

vtgirlie-it could have been an extended survey that I checked. I usually say no to all of the offers that come with them.