Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbia House DVD problem???

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

Default Same here!

Same thing happened to me! I just checked my email and received one from "CH DVD club"
    I know for a FACT I did not sign up for this club! It had my email address, my correct mailing info, but the email sent to me just had a "temporary" user id and password. There was no cc info listed under my account, and I have a feeling that this could be a PHISHING scam!!! Be AWARE!!!!

Tricia, you may want to put up a notice somehow to be aware of this email, and to warn people not to enter their cc info from this email. I've got a baaaad feeling about this situation! If there is any info I can give you to help figure out where it's coming from, I gladly will.

~Kristen

Oh, yes. Can you forward me that email and I will try to pull some stuff out to make a screenshot or copy or something to put up a sticky? You can XXX out all of your personal info.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Oh, yes. Can you forward me that email and I will try to pull some stuff out to make a screenshot or copy or something to put up a sticky? You can XXX out all of your personal info.
    I sent a message to webmaster to get the appropriate email address to forward it.

I thought the problem was over for me, but it isn't going to be that simple. I just received an email stating my first DVD shipment (which I never requested!) is being mailed out. Then when I tried to get on the site to check on the status of my "cancelled membership" I can't log in. Which hopefully means they cancelled it, but I will still have an unwanted DVD to ship back. I will send you any of the correspondence from them if you want it, just let me know where to send it!
    Jodi

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Your best bet is to cut and paste the emails into a trouble ticket and label Columbia House Problem. That way she can make sure they all get sent to the same place and she can respond to them and you can check her responses.
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Update

I received the following email today in response to my request to cancel the account.

Thank you for your e-mail message. Account #50517855065 We received your inquiry regarding the membership in Columbia House DVD Club that was established in your name. You have advised us that you did not establish this account. We have reviewed the account carefully and note that we received a request in your name to enroll you in Columbia House DVD Club. As a courtesy we are canceling your membership and waiving any amounts due. Please disregard any further promotions, correspondence, billings, etc. you may receive from us regarding this matter. You may return the enrollment shipment by noting "Refused, Return to Sender" on the package. As you requested, we have removed your email address from our mailing list. Please allow ten (10) business days for your unsubscribe request to be completed. As you requested, we have removed your name and address from our mailing list. If you receive any additional materials from us, please return the entire mailing along with your request. If we may be of further service, please contact us at http://www.columbiahouse.com. Sincerely, Deacon StewartCustomer Service "How are we doing? Please take a moment to fill out a quick survey. The survey is located at the following URL: http://www.endusersurvey.com/default...ilot&code=5457 Thanks!"

Original Message Follows:------------------------- [Name] Contact[Time] 02007.May.31 01:14 PM[Subject] Cancel Membership[Message] I did not sign up for this club! I have no records of signing up for this club and I don't wish to be a part of this club. Please remove my information from the site and do not bill me for items I do not wish to receive.thank you
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

I just checked my gmail account I use for offers and I have the Welcome email, too!
    Columbia needs to let us know how we signed up so we can avoid it in the future.
    Sunshine Rewards

I just received the Columbia House email as well. Sent them an email telling them that I hadn't signed up, and to cancel this account. Is there anyway to find out where they got all of our names from. I love SR, but may have to quit if this sort of thing starts happening. I don't want to go

Finally I did receive the return slips for the prepaid return of the unwanted DVDs. I just hope they don't continue to show up. Hope everyone else gets this resolved too!!!

I just got the email from Columbia House tonight. I'll be going through this process too - UGH!
    Last edited by Arky; 06-12-2007 at 02:11 AM. Reason: typo
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards