Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: YEA! Really Preparing! Check out our shirts!

What Happens In Disney Design

There are multiple ones over the pages of this thread:
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392341
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Lisaj68 is offline I've found my new addiction and I'm going to be late for church!!

Thank you so much for posting these links!

Now, how do you get them on to a tee????

Those look AWESOME!!! I can hardly wait!!!!!
    THANKS, Mom2aPrincess!!

Sunshine Rewards

Oh...it's really easy..I just bought a package of transfer paper from walmart and printed my designs on it.

There are two types of transfer paper:
    1. Normal/Light Colored Transfers - This is what I used for these because we put them on white shirts. If you use these when you go to print, you print the mirror image. Then you just iron them on the shirt, picture down. You use your highest dry/cotton setting on your iron. I wash the shirts before we do them so that I don't have to wash afterwards - I have had some of the colors run before when they were washed and I want to make sure it doesn't happen before we wear them.

2. Dark Transfer Paper - If you wanted to put these on a colored shirt and have the white show up behind them on a darker shirt (like my what happens in disney and army shirts)....If you use this, you do not print the mirror image. The transfers will come with a piece of tissue paper for each transfer. You lay these down face up on a tshirt and then place the tissue over it. You then iron them with the highest dry/cotton setting. I wash the shirts before we do them so that I don't have to wash afterwards - I have had some of the colors run before when they were washed and I want to make sure it doesn't happen before we wear them.

I'd be glad to offer you any more help....just let me know when you start to do them if you need any more help. I would recommend just reading the entire instructions that come with the transfers....I do that each time even though I've done them before. I always feel better.

I found tshirts for (I think) 3.99 for kids and 4.99 for adults at our local Hobby Lobby (a craft store)...I don't know about other craft stores, but this was the best deal I could find. And I have one of the cheapest printers from Wal-Mart and even though I was a little worried, they turned out great I think.

Good Luck! I love having the custom disney shirts for our trip and I love us matching. It makes for great photos. Next on my list is a set for MVMCP and BBB. I have a design for the back (our names with Disney Christmas art) and I haven't decided for sure, but I think I'll use a black mickey head with Tinkerbell in red in front of them and MVMCP 2007 on the mickey head. I want to find green shirts for them though as I really don't like pictures of me in red. I have appointments for all of us on Christmas day at BBB; I have a pink mickey head with a crown and wand that I'm going to use for this and put something like "Never to old to be a princess" on mine and my dd16 and I haven't figured out for my dd7. I'll be sure to post these when I have time to get them done.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by kimkarli View Post
    Those look AWESOME!!! I can hardly wait!!!!!
    Thanks...Me too! It won't be long. We'll be back from Arizona Sunday and then I plan on starting our packing. I've got most of Cameron's Christmas (not much but a handful of small stuff as the trip is the big gift) and I'm going to wrap it and ship it to the hotel soon so that it'll already be there - I don't want to have to wrap it there and I'm concerned that it may be unwrapped by airport folks if I put it in a suitcase....lots to do and not so long to get it done.....
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

The Disigners are a great group and we post to make our work public and offer it up for use.

Many people take requests for personalized work and do it for free. If you see a design just PM the poster and ask if you may use it.

The shirts are very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessFiona View Post
    The Disigners are a great group and we post to make our work public and offer it up for use.

Many people take requests for personalized work and do it for free. If you see a design just PM the poster and ask if you may use it.

The shirts are very cute!
    Thanks! I'm really excited about them. I can't wait to have time to finish up the last few! I'm so glad for the great artists on the DISBoards.....
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Mom2aPrincess - You inspired me!

I made these T-Shirts after reading how you'd done it, using designs from DisBoards and I think they turned out really cute!

Last edited by LyndaM; 12-08-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: more pics

wow all great shirts thanks for the pics! WOOT!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.