Thread: Taxes

Default Taxes

I know this is way early, and I think it has been mentioned before, but I can't find it.

I just saw my earnings for this year are over $1000 already. Do I have to claim any of this income, are there taxes that have to be paid on it?
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

We do not file any type of form on our members earnings.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
    I know this is way early, and I think it has been mentioned before, but I can't find it.

I just saw my earnings for this year are over $1000 already. Do I have to claim any of this income, are there taxes that have to be paid on it?
    The IRS expects any income you earn from any source to be reported to them on your tax form. I would advise you to speak with your tax professional or read the IRS website on what is considered income for the purposes of tax reporting.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    The IRS expects any income you earn from any source to be reported to them on your tax form. I would advise you to speak with your tax professional or read the IRS website on what is considered income for the purposes of tax reporting.
    Are "rebates" considered "income"?

Most of my "earnings" are, infact, income since I am not spending any money. If I buy something, though, I would think that the 2-3% rebate that I receive is not technically "income", but rather a "post-discount".

Hmmm...

Hmmmm....interesting question!
    Judi
    Over 100 trips to WDW, 50+ to DL, and 25+ aboard DCL! We are also DVC members!

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards