Thread: Laptop Computer

Default Laptop Computer

I will need to purchase a laptop computer for school in the next couple weeks. I have NO idea how to even go about doing this. The computers that I have seen range from like 300-1000.... Is the lower end of price a decent computer? Does it matter on the brand? How much memory, etc will I need????

I am getting my degree in business, so I am assuming on top of regular school work, we might have to do some business type presentations? Does that mean I should get power point?

So...Those of you who are computer smart, please HELP!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

We have bought 2 laptops in the past 6 months. Both have been Dells from Best Buy around $600. So far so good with them. Before you buy Microsoft Office from a store, check with your school to get the student version at a discount (usually around $50). It will save some money.

This is the one I got after all the research. If you go through BB you can get the credit card and pay for the computer over 18 months without interest. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+I...&skuId=9693191
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I just bought a laptop a few months ago. Before deciding which one to get, I went on cnet dot com and zdnet dot com to do research. I particularly pay attention to editors picks and laptops with good feedback. After I've picked out a couple in my price range, I do a search on SR to see who carries it the cheapest with the best (hopefully free) shipping. I ended up with an HP ProBook and am happy with it.

This laptop came from tigerdirect, but I have also bought from bestbuy online, newegg, and dell. I have not had any problems with any of these companies. Tigerdirect had extremely fast free shipping, even though I didn't ask for it to be expedited. I was able to do free instore pickup from bestbuy in the past.

Good luck picking out a new laptop! I always get excited when I pick out something new.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I got my laptop from Dell.com. It is a refurbished one from their outlet and it is awesome. It has 4GB RAM and a 250GB hard drive. It has a CD/DVD burner and a wireless card, but no webcam. I use it to watch movies on, do basic word processing and spreadsheets and to access the internet. For what I do with it, I have no complaints. The battery is an issue, but that is my own fault since I did not properly "condition" it.

They often have coupon codes for additional discounts on their refurbished products. My laptop was $499, but they had a coupon for an additional 25% off and free 2-day shipping.

Good Luck!