Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Shopping Deals found? Let' Brag

Default Black Friday Shopping Deals found? Let' Brag

So how did everyone who went out today do?????

I finally broke down and bought my girls Playstation 2...this is a big deal to me because I really don't like game systems (I remember when Atari came out and I would stay up all night playing Pong and Pac Man....so this has turned me off from buying for my girls in fear that they take after me!!) I have to say I am excited......bought the HSM sing one and a quiz jr one. I am going to only buy games that are more educational and/or have dance/sing element to them (hey however I have to rationalize it to myself, right?!)

tons of other stuff.............they are officially done....even got a great deal on portable DVD players.......this they will love.......

so now tell me, what did you buy?????? I love to hear this.........it will fill my void ( I am going to try not to shop for a while
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I honestly did not shop today. We went to the beach instead.

I did make a large order on Gymboree.com on Wednesday night. It was 30% off everything, plus I had a 20% off coupon I got for seeing Santa at the mall. So I got about $300 worth of clothes for the kids for $175 (incl shipping). And a gift.

I do need to buy about $200 worth more of Christmas gifts. I think I will just do an SR order thru Best Buy next week, and then a Target run the next week.

Hope others got some great deals! I got turned off with Toys R Us (the actual store) this week with the Wii game deal- they were totally wiped out by the time I got there.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Pamela did ya find a good deal on the High school Musical game for the Ps2? I was thinking about getting that for my kid's Playstation.

hubby had to work, so we did not even start at the stores til after 12, and all the sales were pretty much gone.

we were not really looking for anything in particular, so this actually was ok with us.

but had i know that michaels had the circuit cutter on sale, now that i would have been all over.

the boys are pretty much done, we did get some educational games also, hey it helps them learn, yup, i am with the other poster, justifying my purchases. hehehe

i remember when my mom tryed playing pong, or break out something like that in the old days of atari, she was using the joy stick for so many hours straight, that my dad had to help remove her hand from the stick, her fingers just sort of like froze there. lol oh the memories.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Went to several stores yesterday. Walmart was first. My daughter and I got there at 4:20AM for the 5AM opening. Since it was a Super Walmart, we didn't have to stand out in the cold - just in the middle of a large mass of people. I wanted the 8" digital photo frame for my DH. Thought it was a good deal at under $50. So did MANY other people! However, I was able to get one when the 5AM press started. Got it quickly, but was almost mauled by a mass of people trying to get it when I was trying to leave. My DD (in her 30's) was pinned to the display by a man wanting a Navigation system at the counter behind her. She had to scream to get him off her. He told her he didn't give a #@*^! One nice lady yelled to the man to let my daughter go. She had to nudge her way out. My daughter got revenge, though. The lady behind the counter stated she had one Navigation system left. My daughter stated that she would take it. Then she promptly gave it to the lady who had tried to help her - that lady was also cut off by the rude man. The lady was delighted, but the man was furious. Exit, stage left!!!

The rest of the stores were pretty calm in comparison. We waited until after the initial opening and the crowds were somewhat dispersed. We were still able to get everything on our lists without a repeat of the Walmart scene!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    My DD (in her 30's) was pinned to the display by a man wanting a Navigation system at the counter behind her. She had to scream to get him off her. He told her he didn't give a #@*^! One nice lady yelled to the man to let my daughter go. She had to nudge her way out. My daughter got revenge, though. The lady behind the counter stated she had one Navigation system left. My daughter stated that she would take it. Then she promptly gave it to the lady who had tried to help her - that lady was also cut off by the rude man. The lady was delighted, but the man was furious. Exit, stage left!!!
    I love it. Good for your DD. Serves him right for being an A**.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

My sister, my 10 yo DS, and I went out at 4:20 AM. Absolutely insane of us. My son has sworn he will never do it again. The mall was giving out a bag to the first 500 at 6 AM. Inside the bags were prizes including a Wii. We were in line by 4:30. Someone held our place in line while the other would do some shopping. Old Navy was giving out MP3 players and I wanted one for my son. I was in line to check out by 5:03 and didn't get an MP3 player. My sister went to Penneys, got 2 free snowglobes, and didn't want to wait in line. At this point we were waiting in the line for the goody bags, and then we didn't even get one. They ran out about 20 people before us. We realized then what complete idiots we were!

We went to Elder Beerman with a coupon for $10 off an item $10 or more. That sounded like my kind of deal. The fine print on the coupon says you can't use it on the doorbusters. Okay, fine. We, being the complete idiots that we are, walked around the store looking for something to buy. We walked around for an hour at least. In so doing, I found a great Nike State Sweatshirt for my DS for $12. Finally decided to get a Yankee candle. So I spent $25 to use my $10 coupon. I like what I got, but.....

Then I came home to Cincinnati and went to Target with my hubby at 8PM. He had found some of the deals prior to Thanksgiving and we wanted to do a price adjustment. Did that just fine, we were happy! We wanted to look around a bit too. I got some of the tshirts and jeans. Then in the electronics, they still had the portable DVD players for $84 and the Home theater system for $79. I feel like we did better last night than we did early in the morning.

I did have a lot of fun! And now I get to go shopping at Sunshine!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

There were 2 stores in our area that I walked in and right back out of. I got to Kohls about 5am and the checkout line wound around the store twice. the newspaper said they had over 1,000 people waiting in line when the store opened at 4am soo glad i ordered what I wanted online from kohls.

i waited 30 mins outside in the cold for target to open. I didn't even want to go near the electronics department. the cheap dvd's were flying off the shelves. I got my DD the scooter she wanted and few other things. When leaving I got trapped into a checkout line that took nearly an hour to get through.

I want to give a big cheer for "toysrus" I was there about 7:30am. I walked in got what i wanted. the line was clear to the back of the store. I got in line and within 15 minutes I was out the door. they were soooo organized with clerks directing traffic to the registers. It was great.
    Sunshine Rewards

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

I went out with my friend yesterday. Didn't plan on spending much as I was almost completely done shopping anyway. I only spent $75. Anyway, the best deal I found was at The Disney Store. I was able to get all 4 of my kids matching holiday jammies for about $30. The jammies were 50% off. But since I was in line to check out before 10am, I got an additional 20% off. I normally wouldn't have gotten them Xmas jammies, but I couldn't pass it up at that price! I also got a 2007 holiday ornament from there for $2.25.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsmeSunnyV View Post
    Pamela did ya find a good deal on the High school Musical game for the Ps2? I was thinking about getting that for my kid's Playstation.
    Not so much a great deal......I think it was $49.99, but the bundle that I got with playstation 2 gave me 2 extra microphones (pluse the one in the HSM sing it microphone), so now I can sing along with my 2 girls (did I say that outloud!!)

Since I picked it up in New Hampshire there was not sales tax, so that was helpful also.
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards