Thread: Beware Pre-Loading Your Cart

Default Beware Pre-Loading Your Cart

I know that a lot of you like to visit merchants and load up your cart with stuff and then come click through your SR link to make sure that you get credit. Please be advised that this can negate your credit. Unless you put everything in your cart AFTER you click on SR, we might not get paid. I know that we get lucky on this 80% of the time, but merchants are really cracking down on it.

We just got an email from one merchant that if you make a purchase within 10 minutes of clicking on our link, they will only pay us 2% instead of our normal 12% commission. Their logic is that if you already had stuff in your cart before coming to SR, they didn't NEED us for you to make the purchase and we don't deserve the commission.

I know it all gets confusing. Believe me...I am shaking my head on this new one.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

So I just want to clarify to make sure. Does this mean you should wait longer than 10 minutes to actually make the purchase? I think sometimes it has been said that if you shop around for too long after you click through SR that it may cause a problem getting credit. Now I'm really confused. Can you please clarify for us Tricia? Thank you!
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Quote Originally Posted by Iteach View Post
    So I just want to clarify to make sure. Does this mean you should wait longer than 10 minutes to actually make the purchase? I think sometimes it has been said that if you shop around for too long after you click through SR that it may cause a problem getting credit. Now I'm really confused. Can you please clarify for us Tricia? Thank you!
    They are making it really confusing. This particular merchant expects you to take more than 10 minutes because their items are personalized. But other merchants don't want you to take more than 4 hours. It's a little ridiculous. So I would say just to try to be natural about it. As long as you don't put anything in your cart before you click on the SR link, you should be fine.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

wow....talk about confusing!! Normally i'll shop around for a few days, and just add stuff to my wish list that I like. then on pay day i'll click the merchant, pull up my wish list and buy.....usually takes no more than 2 minutes.

personalized stuff huh? I mean, I can see that it would take longer than 2 minutes to do a "created or personalized" order, but still......I can't believe they are lowering your credit for an order that takes less than 10 minutes to process!!
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Tricia thanks for the info. I always try to go in and get what I want and get it paid for as quickly as possible. If I order any personalized gifts for the holidays, I will remember to take my time.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Wow, some days at work, I can browse and shop all day, especially when I get interuppted and actually have to work. I always go back to Sunshine's and reclick through the site, just to make sure the cookie resets. I can't believe they know how long you are on their site. Cookies must be really getting sophisticated.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards