Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Wii!!

Default Looking for a Wii!!

If anyone is lucky enough to get one this Christmas, can you please share where and when you got one? My two sons having been wanting one since last year and I can't seem to be at the right place at the right time. TIA!!
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Call your local Gamestop (if you have one nearby) everyday. they get shipments everyday and should get them at least twice a week. That's what the guy told me back in Oct when I picked mine up. He said that most GS in the area are the same way.

The other thing I noticed is when TRU and Target (have a friend who works at Target) do advertise them in their sale ads, that means they have gotten or expected to have a shipment arrive for the first day of the sale. They sometimes get them a few days before but won't put them on the floor until Sunday when the sale ad starts, just be prepared to get there early before they open and stand outside.

HTH!
    April
    Sunshine Rewards

I saw Toys R Us get several shipments in last week (I went to two different ones trying to find the games on sale). They got about 15 each time. I got mine at Circuit City on a Sunday morning several weeks ago. My advice is to get the Sunday paper on Saturday night and scan all the ads to see who has it in their circular. Be at that store 40 or so minutes before they open, and I think you will have a good chance at getting one. I was so nervous when we went to CC, but there were only 2 people ahead of me, and 2 behind me. It wasn't a madhouse. Then again, it was the end of Sept., so not 'shopping season' yet.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I agree with the gamestop suggestion. I have a friend who works there and said that the one he works in, usually gets 2 units on Mon., Wed., and Fri. and they are usually gone within an hour.

What I had to do, even with knowing someone who worked there, was to call and call. Since I lived almost 40 miles away, and they wouldn't hold it, I paid for it over the phone with my CC. At least they had it when I got there.

it was just a basic $249.00 unit but at least it will be under the tree. DS can add to it later.

there is also this site:

http://wiitracker.com/

you have to check throughout the day but you might get lucky there.

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

I happened upon our Wii while I was shopping at Target. They had 9 and by the time I had purchased mine, 3 others were sold!! Moral of the story, buy now, question later!!

Hope you find one!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I agree with trying gamestop, I was lucky to get their last one when I went, and I bought mine 2 months ago.

I am also trying to get a Wii for Christmas. This is ALL the boys will get, and I really would like to get it. I will try Gamestop

I asked the Target people when I was in Cincy this weekend. They told me that if it is in the paper, be the first in line on the day of the sale because they will have them.

Good luck to you and me!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Another place to watch is Amazon.com. I got one the other night for a friend who has been looking for one for her husband.
    (4) (3) (2)
    Us: "Where do you guys want to go for dinner tonight?"
    Kids: "Disney World"
    Sunshine Rewards

I talked to the guys at Target yesterday and they said the same thing as pp - wait until it is in the ad and be there first thing Sunday morning. First thing = before the store opens. They also said that shipments were regional. Meaning that if they got some, the other stores were likely to also have gotten the shipments.