Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon

Default Amazon

Some of you have inquired about why we do not do rewards on Amazon purchases like other loyalty sites. It has always been my impression that Amazon does not permit rewards. I emailed them again this morning just to see if their policy has changed, and here was their response:

Thanks for writing to the Amazon.com Associates Program.

We currently do not allow Associates to provide their customers with any type of reward for visiting Amazon.com. In fact, we have ended our relationships with Associates who operate rebate sites of this kind.

So I'm definitely not holding out on you in any way. Just trying to keep my relationship with Amazon clean in the event that they ever do change their minds.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks for looking into it. I'm assuming any site that is offering it is probably doing it behind Amazon's back. I really don't mind that we don't get credits back individually because we need something to fund our game nights with.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Thanks for looking into it. I'm assuming any site that is offering it is probably doing it behind Amazon's back. I really don't mind that we don't get credits back individually because we need something to fund our game nights with.
    And that cruise I'm winning.

Tricia, as always thank you for your openness.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

That's right! We have a cruise to pay for. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I just went through and read their Associates info, wow do they have it down to a science!

And I found out that some info given to DH while in orientation last month was wrong...he was told that if you run a site that's an Associate, you can shop through the link for yourself, and there's a line in there that seems to indicate otherwise. Glad I didn't let him start that site just yet!

I know that other sites (not gpt sites!) who are Associates explain it in terms of *supporting the site*.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    I just went through and read their Associates info, wow do they have it down to a science!

And I found out that some info given to DH while in orientation last month was wrong...he was told that if you run a site that's an Associate, you can shop through the link for yourself, and there's a line in there that seems to indicate otherwise. Glad I didn't let him start that site just yet!

I know that other sites (not gpt sites!) who are Associates explain it in terms of *supporting the site*.
    Yep. They are VERY specific about what they allow and what they do not. And they actually do dock your account if you shop through yourself. I had a couple of purchases that I made through my own link the very first month that I started doing affiliate stuff YEARS ago and the next month, the commissions were deducted.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks for the real world info. DH, like many spouses, tends to skip what I've told him, but hear what others say. And he WANTS to believe what he heard the trainers say, that they can earn on their purchases, so he's got a double-block goin' on.

I think its so lousy that other sites will give awards back when they are specifically told not too....that to me, shows just have dishonest a site is. Personally, I hope any sites that are illegally giving rebates on any merchants who do not allow it, get closed down. Eventually, they will get caught. I guess thats the only way inferior sites can compete with great ones like SR.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Does SR get credit if we shop with gift certificates?

I think it stinks that they won't let you pay out to customers or even shop through your own site! Years ago, they used to allow cash back on the rebates sites. Guess they are just too big now.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm going to put a post-it on my desk to remember to shop through the SR link for Amazon. I always get so caught up in the moment when I find a good deal on there and forget. I love Amazon!
    (4) (3) (2)
    Us: "Where do you guys want to go for dinner tonight?"
    Kids: "Disney World"
    Sunshine Rewards