Thread: Macy's Gift Registry Question

Default Macy's Gift Registry Question

Back on 11/17 I placed an order for an item on a friend's wedding registry at Macy's. Of course, I clicked through from Sunshine. I haven't seen a pending credit, or any other indication that the credit is on it's way & I know that it's too early to file a TT, but I thought of something that could possibly be causing the delay - when you go to macys.com & choose to look at a wedding registry, it opens a new window. Did Macy's & Sunshine "lose" my cookies at that point? Is there any hope of receiving credit eventually? I'll wait patiently a little longer before filing a TT, but this thought crossed my mind so I wanted to see if anyone else has any experience or if Tricia knows anything about this potential issue. I have more registry purchases coming up in the next few months or so & it would be great to have the inside track to being sure I can get credit in the future, even if it's not possible this time.

Thanks!

I'm guessing that they must not be giving any commissions on the registry items. I know one other merchant specifically mentions that they do not pay on registry items. When I get a sec, I'll check and see what is up.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

If that's the case it's a bummer but it's understandable. I'd like to see the $2 or so in my credits, but if they don't do it I'll survive. Take your time looking into it & thanks for your reply!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Perhaps on the ones with registry's you can pick out what you want to buy for them and then buy it without going through the registry next time. The worse that will happen is that they will get one extra of something because it wasn't removed from their list
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Perhaps on the ones with registry's you can pick out what you want to buy for them and then buy it without going through the registry next time. The worse that will happen is that they will get one extra of something because it wasn't removed from their list
    hmm... I would think that if you were afraid of them getting duplicates that maybe you can call after placing the order and tell the registry site that you made an oops if you did accidently do that and maybe they could fix it?? I'm not too sure how these registry things work though.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by nicnik View Post
    Back on 11/17 I placed an order for an item on a friend's wedding registry at Macy's. Of course, I clicked through from Sunshine. I haven't seen a pending credit, or any other indication that the credit is on it's way & I know that it's too early to file a TT, but I thought of something that could possibly be causing the delay - when you go to macys.com & choose to look at a wedding registry, it opens a new window. Did Macy's & Sunshine "lose" my cookies at that point? Is there any hope of receiving credit eventually? I'll wait patiently a little longer before filing a TT, but this thought crossed my mind so I wanted to see if anyone else has any experience or if Tricia knows anything about this potential issue. I have more registry purchases coming up in the next few months or so & it would be great to have the inside track to being sure I can get credit in the future, even if it's not possible this time.

Thanks!
    I've purchased quite a few wedding gifts this year and have not received credit for any of them when I've gone through the registry link. If you watch the web browser, it looks like it actually leaves the store site and goes to something called 'wedding channel' - at least for Macy's and as I remember, Bloomies, too. My latest purchase late last week, I did exactly what Catherine suggested below - ordered through macy's.com and then called and asked them to mark it off the registry.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

Yeah, good point, MamaO. It does connect to weddingchannel.com somehow so I may have missed out on that particular credit. I didn't think about the potential issue until after I placed the order so I'll just call it a learning experience (unless I get a pleasant surprise & the credits show up eventually).

Good idea about buying from the regular site & then calling to update the registry. I'll keep that in mind for future purchases for sure! Did your credits come through for that purchase last week? Just curious if that worked out as you were hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by nicnik View Post
    Yeah, good point, MamaO. It does connect to weddingchannel.com somehow so I may have missed out on that particular credit. I didn't think about the potential issue until after I placed the order so I'll just call it a learning experience (unless I get a pleasant surprise & the credits show up eventually).

Good idea about buying from the regular site & then calling to update the registry. I'll keep that in mind for future purchases for sure! Did your credits come through for that purchase last week? Just curious if that worked out as you were hoping.
    Just got the Macy's credit in my SR account today. I'm waiting for the box to come and once I know it's right, I'll call to remove it from the registry. I had my learning experience this past summer when I ordered from the Bloomingdale's registry. I clicked through an airline account and never got the miles. When I saw the web address switch to weddingchannel.com, I had a feeling it might cause a problem.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country