Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Changes to Redemptions

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    They don't for me.

But I think that different sorts of accounts do different sorts of things. I've bought on ebay with my pp account, but never sold. I have it directly funded from my checking account (with a card as backup). And I never get charged.
    They don't for me, either. One of my checking accounts is linked to PayPal, and if I debit $25 from PayPal, I get $25 transferred to my checking account.
    I do pay a fee if when I sell on eBay - a percentage of the sale is taken, but that goes to eBay not PayPal.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

Thanks!!! That is good to know.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
    But doesn't Paypal then take out a fee when you transfer the money into your checking account?
    Not for a personal account...for business accounts they take a percentage, at least that was the case the last time I transferred cash to my bank. I've never had a fee taken from mine...but my sister has her account set up so that she can accept payments when she sells on ebay and they take a percentage from her account when she goes to transfer, even when I've sent her cash not connected with ebay at all they still took it because that is the way she set it up initially.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

You can get a debit card/CC that is linked to your PayPal account and last time I checked if you use it as a credit card you get $ back. That might be linked to the type of account you have business or personal.

I haven't sold anything on ebay in a while but PayPal ALWAYS took a fee from the payments I accepted into my account. Never when I transferred to my checking account. PayPal and ebay are 2 separate companies. What ebay takes in fees has nothing to do with what Paypal takes in fees.

I think Tricia stated that they pay the fees if you use PayPal.

I'm getting back into selling on ebay....I'll have to look into this further.

The fees for withdrawal depend on what kind of account you have. I found this along with a graph for MY fees. I did a search for Withdrawal Fees - PayPal

PayPal may charge a minimal fee for withdrawals to non-U.S. banks. We charge you at the time of withdrawal.
    Some non-U.S. members may have U.S. bank accounts, so make sure the bank account and delivery information for your withdrawal is complete and correct.
    HTH
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 10-31-2010 at 12:00 PM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Not all paypal accounts have the monthly limitation either. I think ??? that may only be in effect if you don't have a credit card backing it? I am one of the few odd quirks that still has both a business & personal account. I had to confirm (or whatever their term is) on the 2nd one when someone sent my a massive payment for old silver. It seems like all I did was add the c.c. (or debit) to it & was then able to transfer a 4 digit amount into my account.
    Last edited by jgates8; 10-31-2010 at 03:19 PM.

I just checked my account. I have a Premiere account. I also looked under Withdraw and it says it is free to send to my checking account, so we shall see. When I looked at old transactions, I got charged a fee from people who sent me $ for DVC point rentals, but then no fee for sending it to my checking account.

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
    I just checked my account. I have a Premiere account. I also looked under Withdraw and it says it is free to send to my checking account, so we shall see. When I looked at old transactions, I got charged a fee from people who sent me $ for DVC point rentals, but then no fee for sending it to my checking account.

Laura
    That must be it...I sent my sister money into her paypal account and they did charge her a fee, so it wasn't to transfer into her bank account but because she received money into her Premiere account. Thanks for the clarification.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

For those that only have a Premiere or Business Paypal account, if you have a second bank account, just sent up a second account and make it a regular personal one. No problems then!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards