Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal

Default Paypal

With the upcoming change in redemptions, I thought I may use Paypal. I have no idea how to use Paypal other than to make a purchase from Ebay(which is linked to my credit card.) Could anyone give me some information on how this works? I hate to put my checking account number out there. Is there a way to use Paypal without linking my checking account? Is there a minumum amount you have to transfer and does it have to be in certain increments or can you transfer the whole amount in your SR account? Is the turn around time shorter to use Paypal? We are going to Disney in January and I would like to wait as long as possible to cash out. If I do Paypal, then I don't have to worry about whether we will use all of the Disney gift card. I'm sure we will but just in case.

Thanks for any info!
    Kristen

I am not a big PayPal person, but I do use it sometimes. I have it linked to my checking account, and it is actually safer than credit cards. It takes me about 2-3 days to transfer money back and forth and you can do it in any increment.

But I also think that there is a PayPal debit card that you can use just like a credit card. You put money in your PayPal account and then use the debit card to spend it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by tkkerber View Post
    With the upcoming change in redemptions, I thought I may use Paypal. I have no idea how to use Paypal other than to make a purchase from Ebay(which is linked to my credit card.) Could anyone give me some information on how this works? I hate to put my checking account number out there. Is there a way to use Paypal without linking my checking account? Is there a minumum amount you have to transfer and does it have to be in certain increments or can you transfer the whole amount in your SR account? Is the turn around time shorter to use Paypal? We are going to Disney in January and I would like to wait as long as possible to cash out. If I do Paypal, then I don't have to worry about whether we will use all of the Disney gift card. I'm sure we will but just in case.

Thanks for any info!
    Kristen
    I actually have two Paypal accounts--one that was used for ebay and selling and is linked to my main checking account, and another I opened for SR a while back, which is linked to an ING savings account online. The minimum amount to cash out for via Paypal on SR is $20, but there is no minimum for the amount you can move back and forth once it's in your Paypal account. There is, however, a maximum withdrawal of $500 a month, so plan accordingly. There is a debit card you can sign up for and spend your money that way. there's also an option to request a check--but I think they take some kind of a fee out for that. I can't swear to it though!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I am also new to Paypal - I have just set up my Paypal account to link it to my checking account. Now what info do I need to put in my SR account info to link it to Paypal - it asks for a Payment Account - what do I put in that field? I don't see a number account on Paypal - so I am unsure what to put in that field.

Thanks!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    I am also new to Paypal - I have just set up my Paypal account to link it to my checking account. Now what info do I need to put in my SR account info to link it to Paypal - it asks for a Payment Account - what do I put in that field? I don't see a number account on Paypal - so I am unsure what to put in that field.

Thanks!
    Just the email address that you used to open the PayPal account.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Just the email address that you used to open the PayPal account.
    Great! Thanks!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Any other pointers or tips? I am going to open a Pay Pal account and link it to my bank account this weekend.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    Any other pointers or tips? I am going to open a Pay Pal account and link it to my bank account this weekend.

TIA
    I once had someone hack into my PP account. It was a small amount and I caught it right away. Since then, PayPal has improved their security to an extreme level. I have my account set up so that in order to access it, I not only need my password, but they send a text message to my cell phone with a 6-digit code. I have 30 seconds to input that code or my login attempt resets. So now, if anyone wants to hack my account, they'd need my e-mail address, password AND have my cell phone in their possession. Their customer service and fraud prevention department has been great, in my experience.

I think that having the text message sent to your cell phone is an option that you can select when setting up your account. I highly recommend it! They also had (maybe still do) an option of having a key fob that randomly generates a 6-digit code in the same manner as the text message. I had that option, until I lost the key fob.

i'm considering setting up a paypal account for SR redemptions also, but haven't had an account in several years. i closed it b/c of all the phishing e-mails i was getting at that time. someone asked about the e-mail address you put in....do i use the one i use for SR, so that they will be linked, or can i put in my ISP e-mail? i would only be using it for SR redemptions.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    i'm considering setting up a paypal account for SR redemptions also, but haven't had an account in several years. i closed it b/c of all the phishing e-mails i was getting at that time. someone asked about the e-mail address you put in....do i use the one i use for SR, so that they will be linked, or can i put in my ISP e-mail? i would only be using it for SR redemptions.
    It doesn't matter which email you use. On your SR account, you WILL need to enter your Paypal email if you cash out that way.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards