Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little disapointed

Default A little disapointed

I came home from work today to find a box on my kitchen table. Now this is not unusual as I have done a lot of shopping and lately there is always a package on my table. But todays the box was not a brown shippipng box it was an HP printer box which you could read very plainly. Walmart shipped it to my house with no brown wrapping. My son said to me Good thing mom this was not a Christmas present not knowing it was for him. I am a little disappointed this is how the package came
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo

The same thing happened to me with the DVD players I ordered from Wal-Mart. The were delivered by FedEx and the delivery guy just left them on my now very exposed front porch. It's a good thing I was home, but not able to answer the door right away!
    Andrea

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Both UPS and FedEx leave all packages on my porch all the time. They don't even bother to knock or ring the bell and 80% of the time I am home. One day Brandon came home and said there were 8 boxes on my porch. I had been home all day.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ya know, come to think of it we got a UPS delivery yesterday and the doorbell didn't even ring. What is up with that? I wonder why they do that. Does it slow them down if we actually answer the door?
    Andrea

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Considering that these were big boxes that sucker must have been tiptoeing and working not to let me hear him LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have taped a note to my door stating "Do not leave any packages outside of my door if I am not here to sign for them" That way if they ignore it and I have a package gone missing then the UPS people can't get too mad at me since they are clearly at fault. It has cut down some on my missing packages saga.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by JOLAROCHE View Post
    I came home from work today to find a box on my kitchen table. Now this is not unusual as I have done a lot of shopping and lately there is always a package on my table. But todays the box was not a brown shippipng box it was an HP printer box which you could read very plainly. Walmart shipped it to my house with no brown wrapping. My son said to me Good thing mom this was not a Christmas present not knowing it was for him. I am a little disappointed this is how the package came
    The same thing happened to me last year. My daughter's Dora Desks both arrived unwrapped! I was so upset. Thank God, they couldn't read!

It also happened with Bass. I ordered DH some Fishing Waders and they just shipped them straight off the shelf. Of course, he opened the door for UPS. I called the company and explained that I would be returning the item as it was no longer a surprise! Seems like these companies would have enough sense to know not to send gifts unwrapped or not in boxes during the holiday season!

I'm so sorry and understand completely about your disappointment.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yes, that is very disappointing! I had the same thing happen last year through I think Amazon. But like Lisa, my son was too young to figure anything out at that time. This year I ordered a Mickey Mouse trike that said it would come in the original manufacturer's box. So, I was actually surprised to see it show up in a HUGE Amazon box- in addition to being wrapped in a blue bag lol. But it stinks to have a surprise ruined that way!!

These days UPS doesn't ring the bell here anymore!
    Sunshine Rewards

I've had the same thing happen in the past from many different shopping sites. It stinks.

The one I was really worried about is my DD8's american girl doll. Thankfully, it arrived today in an unmarked box.

You know, UPS used to ALWAYS ring the bell and leave the package. Recently though, they stopped ringing. I wonder if they got complaints about ringing and running?
    Debbie

Ohh...that's terrible! I'm so sorry. I'd be frustrated too.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member