Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little disapointed

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

My mom lives up the street, so I usually have everything shipped to her house. The girls are getting guitars. Last wk, we were out with my mom. Dropped her off at her house and there sat one of the guitars, looking just like a...guitar. One of them said something, I quickly said it wa a trellis for Grandma's flowers. Don't know if they bought it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    You know, UPS used to ALWAYS ring the bell and leave the package. Recently though, they stopped ringing. I wonder if they got complaints about ringing and running?
    I have had the same UPS man for years. He used to ring the doorbell but my kids were young so I would put a note up saying to please just leave them in case of naps. Now he does one fast knock. He is the best UPS man. Funny thing is he is not all that friendly. But I really like him. He will get some gift from me this year.
    <Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    I have had the same UPS man for years. He used to ring the doorbell but my kids were young so I would put a note up saying to please just leave them in case of naps. Now he does one fast knock. He is the best UPS man. Funny thing is he is not all that friendly. But I really like him. He will get some gift from me this year.
    Same here, we always have our garage door open our UPS man leaves them in the garage right by the kitchen door if it's open, if not he leaves it in the corner of our front porch and rings the bell. It's nice bc some are really big and he always brings them in the garage when it's open.
    Sunshine Rewards

My problem is with USPS. I had ordered a large number of photo prints, so the box was too big for my mailbox. The mailman left them on the edge of the stoop where there is no protection and it had been raining all day long. If he had walked up two steps and put the boxes in front of the door, they would have been under the eave and the rain wouldn't have touched them. And of course, he didn't knock or ring the bell and I was home all day. Fortunately, the pictures were not wet, but the boxes were soaked.

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    You know, UPS used to ALWAYS ring the bell and leave the package. Recently though, they stopped ringing. I wonder if they got complaints about ringing and running?
    We had the same UPS guy for years and he was great. He told my husband once that "this house keeps me in a job." Funny Guy!!!

He must have retired because it''s been years since I've seen him, and now we never have the same one. Some of them ring the doorbell and some of them don't. Usually I hear the truck and go to the door.

I think they don't ring unless they need a signature because it slows them down. Plus, they don't want to have to carry the packages into the house. They are under a lot of pressure to get the items delivered quickly.

I'm sorry Walmart did that to you. It's Christmas.....we're buying gifts.....what was Walmart thinking?? Mmmmmmmmm......they weren't.

I have to say most companies I have ordered from have shipped the item in another box. I ordered from LLBean today and even their email says "might contain gift information" in the subject line!!! Now that is being careful!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Meanwhile, I live in a secured building, and until just today, UPS, FedEx, and the postal guy knock and wait for me to answer my apartment door.

On the other hand, when I worked at amazon we had MAJOR issues with UPS (I helped solve them, with the help of my handy dandy Lead, who is now my DH)...they would leave things in the bushes in places like Maine when it was snowy, no one could find the packages, and then in the spring they would find everything that had been sitting there for months, lol. Of course WE had to replace these things.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    Meanwhile, I live in a secured building, and until just today, UPS, FedEx, and the postal guy knock and wait for me to answer my apartment door.

On the other hand, when I worked at amazon we had MAJOR issues with UPS (I helped solve them, with the help of my handy dandy Lead, who is now my DH)...they would leave things in the bushes in places like Maine when it was snowy, no one could find the packages, and then in the spring they would find everything that had been sitting there for months, lol. Of course WE had to replace these things.
    We had that happen before. We found a box of books from Barnes and Noble about 4 months later. I always wondered what the UPS man was thinking when he put them there.

Awww, that really stinks! I have had things delivered without any wrapping or plain boxes in the past too-most places used to enclose the original boxes in either plastic or a plain box-- my mailman is a decent guy - knocks and even toots his horn if he thinks I'm home and didn't hear him - UPS guy is great too, but does not knock anymore-he said they are required to honk once and, since no physical signature is required anymore (??), just leave the package near a door. Could be trying to avoid chatting with each person they deliver to so as to keep to their tight schedules?
    Jan

Sunshine Rewards

they always ring my door bell, but never wait for me to answer. Ups rings then throws the package, if he can get close enough to ring the doorbell then why can't he set down the package instead of thowing it at the door.

I feel your pain! I ordered golf clubs for DD from Dick's and Fed Ex delivered them in the original box. And she was coming home from school right about the time it was dropped of. I made a mad dash upstairs to hide them!!!