Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A little disapointed

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    I've had the same thing happen in the past from many different shopping sites. It stinks.

The one I was really worried about is my DD8's american girl doll. Thankfully, it arrived today in an unmarked box.

You know, UPS used to ALWAYS ring the bell and leave the package. Recently though, they stopped ringing. I wonder if they got complaints about ringing and running?
    I just got a box from AG, and in really small letters on the shipping label (right under the Ship-to address), it does say 'Order from American Girl'. I believe they started doing that shortly after 9/11. If you place your order on the phone, they usually tell you that the company name is in small letters on the label - I don't know if it tells you anywhere on the web site if the order is placed online.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

I ordered a bike for my daughter a couple weeks ago and it was on my doorstep in the original box, just a label plopped on it. I work so didn't see it until that afternoon. If someone in the neighborhood wanted a bike, they could have had it. Luckily I have a neighbor across the street that stays home and would have told me.
    It would be nice if they reboxed things though. I haven't opened it yet, but the box has taken a beating. I hope nothing is scratched or dinged. We had to hurrily hide it from my DD so she wouldn't see it. Maybe we should start complaining to these companies to rebox things. I would probably pay extra to make sure it was reboxed just for safety.

huh. dh and i were waiting for phones from sprint. i came home one day to find the box just sitting on the porch. few weeks later, ordered another for MIL and it had to have been stolen off the porch. UPS said driver confirmed the drop off, and that nobody was home. dh was home all day!

I would be annoyed, and let them know. Although I wonder if they're trying to be responsibly green and not use additional packaging? :dunno: Our UPS guy is wonderful, always comes to the door and rings; he has been our deliverer since my daughter was a newborn, and he didn't use the doorbell then, he said he knew where all the little babies were on his route so he could remember not to interrupt their sleep! Now if we could get our trashmen to stop coming at the crack of dawn... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by TtownAnne View Post
    Now if we could get our trashmen to stop coming at the crack of dawn... :lol:
    hehehehe i wish