Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Game Tournament: Free Frosty!

I just combined a lot of the info already out there & after way, way, way too much practice, came up with a game plan. I hope my directions make sense!

***The secret is to use the Candy Canes sequentially to totally clear the board*** This gives you a 1000pt bonus on level 1, 2000 on level 2, and 3000 on level 3. (4000 on level 4 and 5000 on level 5 too, but I rarely go for the clear on levels 4&5- since there is an extra color (dark blue) on those levels, it's much harder to clear. On levels 4&5 I try to knock blocks as fast as possible & save the candy cane for emergency situations when the blocks are too high & for the very end to maximize the bonus.)

Usually I aim for a score of 15000 after level 1, 35000 after level 2, and 60000 after level 3.

SO:
    1- In order to get a candy cane you have to knock out, with one click, 9 same-colored blocks. When level 1 comes up, the first thing I do is little clicks to make a group of nine & knock it out.

2. Once I have my candy cane, for instance, a yellow candy cane, I try to find/make a group of 9 out of one of the OTHER colors, red for example. This group needs to be intact, OR created when the space bar is hit the yellows are cleared. When I am looking for my second 9-block group, I preferentially knock out the same color of my candy cane, in order to keep the other 2 colors plentiful.

3. Once I have identified my new group of 9, I wait for the row to finish loading. As soon as the last new block shows up on the bottom right & gets bumped up, you have to move FAST!

4. Hit the space bar- this clears all the candy cane color(yellow)
    5. Click on your second color's (red) 9 block group- this gives you a red candy cane.
    6. Immediately hit the space bar- this clears the remaining second color (red) blocks.
    7. You are now left with only 1 color-light blue- click on that & the level is clear (bonus!) PLUS if there were at least 9 blocks of the third color, you'll get a blue candy cane.
    8. If you have a candy cane, go back to step 3 and repeat.
    9. If no candy cane, restart at step 1

So I guess the big secret is just the fast space bar-click-space bar-click that has to be completed before the next row loads.

Also, I always watch the "rows left" box- once the 2 rows left line is done I use the candy cane and try to knock out as many blocks as possible, to get the stack down & maximize the end of round bonus.,

Hope this makes sense!!

Susan

Makes sense to me - that's very similar to what I've been trying to do - but not with the same success... great job!!!
    Rachel

Thanks for all that info. Maybe now I can get out of the 60,000!!! Does Frosty actually ever get free????
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the info on increasing the score! I have to try it now!
    Jill

I still can't get over 70,000. I'm hopeless.

Thanks for the info, I am going to try it now!
    Sunshine RewardsShirley

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I figured it out....I couldn't move my fingers fast enough on my laptop. I plugged in a mouse and I went to over 75000 (I think) points! #4! Get those mice out!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm still stuck under 70K....not sure how I ever even got 74K the time that I DID!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I am going to try and top that but not sure I can!
    Sunshine Rewards

I finally managed to get over 70,000. once. I don't see it happening again.