Thread: Ala zing

Default Ala zing

For those of you who aren't familiar with this, I enjoyed my second mothers day dinner, compliments of Tricia tonight. These are prepackaged meals that arrive boxed very neatly and with specific heating instructions and suggested meals. Tonight was the lasagna. It was very good. Coupled with the green beans and fabulous tirmisu, dinner took me approximately 18 min to cook. I added some garlic bread, and we are now sitting back with full bellys. Tricia sent me a weeks worth of meals, and I'm dooling those out over the weeks as a quick meal for when I get home from work. This is a great gift, or even a treat for yourself. The meals are very reasonably priced too, and the quality is top notch. Just wanted to share because sometimes you just don't know what the quality of these kind of programs can be.

now ya have me thinking for my grandparents who are in their late 80's. Do tell....are the meals more traditional meals?

Yes, they are pretty traditional. They have some fancier stuff and you can pick just a few or get a package deal. They come in a big styrofoam container in boxes, marked as to what they are. With that comes a little book, and the book tells you what to pair up together and how long to cook it etc...At first when I opened the huge container and saw a thousand boxes I thought "what the heck" but then, I saw the book and looked at it and it explains all the meals in it. The lasagna dinner was a heat and serve, the burger dinner I recieved had more cooking involved, but they have a variety so look it over. So far, all the food has been great. The veggies are all precooked in a little tray with all the spices, very very tasty. The potatoes are the same way. Some of the meat which doesn't have sauces over them require a full cooking, not just heat and serve.

If you do make a purchase, be sure that you use a coupon. I think we have one for something off of $50.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I was looking at Ala zing last week debating on if I shoud buy some or not, wasn't sure of the quality. It sounds really good and something that would be easy for the summer.
    Me DH DD15 DS13 DD8 DS5
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

SunshineCindy had posted about this one a few weeks back and I ordered one of their sampler packages. It was a great deal and the meals are good. Both of us like to cook (hence the 130 for lunch last Sunday!) but after a crazy day at work these are wonderful.

My boss was in the office when my package arrived and she ended up ordering for her elderly parents who live in Boston. They arrived in perfect condition and mom and dad are now eating again!

The steaks and burgers, btw, are from Omaha Steaks.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Several years ago, I purchased quite a few meals from A La Zing and I can vouch for the quality, variety and great taste of the meals. I don't have a microwave, and the meals heated up using the oven just fine -- the veggies and potatoes heated well in my toaster oven for the meals that required using the broiler in the big oven for the meat. If it wasn't difficult for me to receive food deliveries where I live & work, I would still be buying the meals! *hugs* to all -- VickiB79
    My one word description of myself:
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][INDENT][/INDENT][FONT="Book Antiqua"][B][SIZE="3"][I]Can't follow instructions.[/I][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Good morning, all.

I just wanted to drop a note to let everyone know about the fantastic service I just received from a la zing.

In yesterday's mail I received a mailer from them with 1/2-price savings on quite a few items. If you ordered two of the items your savings was even higher, 55% I believe.

I came on SR, went to the shopping area, and hit the link for Alazing.com After I had placed the order and checked out I went back to SR and realized I had negelected to use the $35 coupon. I called alazing, explained that I had ordered through an affiliate and had neglected to use the coupon. Customer service transferred the call to Customer Care and came back less than 20 seconds later saying they applied the savings.

I will definitely be ordering from them again.
    Last edited by m4travels; 06-15-2007 at 12:02 PM.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I love that place. More people should try it because the food really is good, its convenient, and its not really expensive, especially with the coupons we have and the cash back.

When my Dad died in 2003, my coworkers sent these to me in lieu of flowers. It was such a thoughtful gesture and I really appreciated it. It was pretty hectic at that time, making funeral arrangements and stuff. So, having these meals on hand was great.