Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July Trip

Default July Trip

Okay....I cannot officially say I am planning....YET. BUT, I think Bethany (DD 7) and I will be taking a trip with my parents and sister's family this summer. I really wanted this to be JUST me and DD because if my boys went with me, it would cost quite a bit more (especially since they are considered adults).

DH thinks that he talked the boys in staying home with him for the week for a fun filled time with dad. His parents will also spoil them for a few days while he works. (Another selling point)

SOOOO...I think I will be having a DD and Mom trip! Yes, my parents and sister will be there, but we will not be with each other ALL the time. So I am getting excited. As soon as my sis can get me dates, then I will feel more official.

This will be a surprise for Bethany. She will freak!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Wow, that sounds like so much fun!!! I'm sure the boys will have a great time too, there's nothing better than spending time getting spoiled by the grandparents and "just being guys" with Dad!!

Happy planning!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Sounds like a great trip and i can not wait until you can officaly start planing LOL Have a wonderful Trip with DD ....
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

I am so excited for you!! I am sure this will be a great experience for you and your DD. And I'm sure the boys will enjoy being spoiled by the grandparents and spending what my DS 9 calls "man" time with Dad. Hopefully one day my DD and I can take a trip like this (before the teenage years of course) and do all the girly things we want, while the boys take a road trip to the BB Hall of Fame.

Good Luck and have fun planning!!
    Liz

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass..it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

I know it seems silly to be so excited, but I never thought I would have a chance to have an all girls trip, so this makes it extra special!

Thanks for being excited with me guys! I thought for sure you all would understand!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

That's really great. You two are going to have so much fun!! What a wonderful surprise for her!!!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

That is so awesome! I would love to do a girls only trip with my girls one day. I would suggest that you check out TGM though since you are going in July and it can be busy. I have heard wonderful things about his plans for the summer that make the heat and crowds SO much more bearable. Congrats and I hope you girls have the trip of a lifetime!
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Congrats Angela! I know you've been hoping for this for awhile...since I was hoping for a puppy if I'm not mistaken!! That is so cool! When is Bethany's bday? Are you going to tell her on her bday or will you be there for her bday?

Twice in 12 months (or almost, right)?! That's so fun! I'm so happy for you! Have so much fun planning!! Any idea of where you will/want to stay??

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Congrats Angela! I know you've been hoping for this for awhile...since I was hoping for a puppy if I'm not mistaken!! That is so cool! When is Bethany's bday? Are you going to tell her on her bday or will you be there for her bday?

Twice in 12 months (or almost, right)?! That's so fun! I'm so happy for you! Have so much fun planning!! Any idea of where you will/want to stay??

We will most likely stay at Movies. I have always wanted to stay there but with 5 people, we could not without getting 2 rooms. But we will probably stay wherever my sister and parents stay. My sister will decide. But a value is what she wants. So either movies or Pop (however, Pop has frozen cokes, so that is a plus!)

Bethany's birthday is in the beginning of August, so we will be going before her birthday (even though we celebrated her b-day there the last time. Which we may do again this time). I am thinking of telling her once we get in the vehicle to go. I am afraid if I tell her before that, my boys will hear her talking about it and decide that they want to go too. I am also hoping to get cheap plane tickets so we could fly. THAT would be nice. Being just 2 of us, it will be WAY cheaper than 5. Plus, we will be able to be a little more open with dates.

Hope your pup is doing well. How is the potty training? Especially with the weather, it cannot be TOO easy! But they are SOOOO worth it!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

OOOHHHH A girl's trip! It is soooooo much fun! I did it with DD last August and we had the best time. If you want, I can give you a few (cheap!) ideas from our time there. We did miss our "boys" at home but it was so much fun!

When are you headed down? I am going in the middle of July...we have always done summer since I am a teacher.
    Sunshine Rewards