Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Friday shopping, something I noticed, a head's up

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    Okay, I realize I am blonde but I am totally confuzzled by this? Does that mean if we go to a website before we come here thru like ********s or something then we won't get credit here?
    I just placed an order thru disney store (which I don't see pending yet but it's not 10 days I think) and will be waiting for the pending credit to appear. If I looked on their site before here, even if it was days ago and I didn't do a clear here, am I hosed?
    If you don't see your credit within about 3 days and you had been on another site (like a coupon site or ********s), it is most likely that the other site got credit. Or if you have downloaded any kind of deal toolbar.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks for the heads up...I subscribe to a few bf newsletters, but I don't think I've clicked through anything...I'll be sure to be more aware now.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    This is great advice for newer users. I remember when I first started in the reward world I had no idea that computers kept cookies and places could "steal" the credit. But I lost many credits when I first started. Now I never ever click on someones coupon, even if it looks good.
    Aw, thanks! And yes, that's who I was really thinking about, since I've noticed so many new names recently!

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    Okay, I realize I am blonde but I am totally confuzzled by this? Does that mean if we go to a website before we come here thru like ********s or something then we won't get credit here?
    Excellent use of the word confuzzled. Even though I'm the one that caused it, sorry.

I remember at one point, we were told that merchants were going to start getting very strict, and looking back to how we very first got to their site, and giving credit (or not) based on that. I haven't noticed that happening, but it sure did make me careful! I make a conscious effort to not click on, say, click-through things from another site, if I think I'll ever want to get credit from that merchant through Sunshine. Just in case.

What noticing this thing with the BF advertisement site has caused in me is...a realization that these sites don't work for free. They aren't working so hard to find ads and put them up and deal with the cease and desist letters just to help us b/c they are good people at the bottom of their heart. They are getting paid, somehow, by doing this. So how are they getting paid? They are getting paid in the same way Sunshine gets paid, only they aren't sharing the credit.

Once my brain really understood that, well that's when I wrote out my post. And I was really shocked that I hadn't totally gotten it yet, since I've been thinking about this sort of website for 3 years now.

editing to add....so just be careful while clicking around on the internet.
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 11-15-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks. This is somewhat unrelated but probably answers my question why I'm not getting credit at coupons.com. I go to the deal site first and then go through SR and I seldom get credit. I'll try a new strategy of clearing cookies first. I've been wondering how to fix what I'm doing wrong.