Thread: NewEgg

Hybrid View

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Default NewEgg

Anyone shop there? Looking at getting a shuffle there.

Kim

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

We built a computer and used newegg for the parts. I've nothing but good things to say about them. Fair prices, fast shipping, good customer service. They are pretty well respected amongst the computer "gang".

I ordered a couple things over Thanksgiving weekend. It was my first time shopping with them. They had the best prices I could find for the things I needed and my order was shipped promptly. I also received credit without problem in a couple days.

I've ordered from there 3x and been very happy. I *hate* paying shipping, but even with shipping their prices have been the best.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

The shuffle I want is refurbished, for a gift would you all do that

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    The shuffle I want is refurbished, for a gift would you all do that
    I gave ElderNephew(then10) a refurbed Shuffle last Xmas and he loved it, but it is in refurb packaging. It'd say you know your recipient best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I've ordered from there 3x and been very happy. I *hate* paying shipping, but even with shipping their prices have been the best.
    Another vote in NewEgg's favor-they had a 20% back with Paypal promo on CyberMonday. The fine print said that it was only throu 2:30 PST, but I figured nothing ventured, nothing gained and paid via PayPal. Apparently they got a bunch of complaints about this, so they are extending the offer. That's proactive CS at its best.

NewEgg is definitely great - don't overlook their prices on printer ink next time you're looking to buy a refill. They sell HP double packs for less than some of the single packs (at least for my printer anyway). I was pleased.

A little customer service story about NewEgg. A year or so ago my DH did a bunch of research on a new memory card for my camera...decided on a 1GB card and found a GREAT price at NewEgg for $20 (for a high end - ie. fast reading and writing speed card), so he bought it. When the package arrived (very quickly of course!) we realized they'd accidentally given us two memory cards - the packages of the two separate cards were stuck together, making it look like one, so the warehouse person probably grabbed it off the shelf and assumed it was just one...packing slip qty was 1 and we were only charged the $20. My DH called them to ask how to send back the second one (we didn't pay for it so we wouldn't dream of keeping it, and we didn't really need a second one) and they said "well, we don't have a way to receive something into our computers that wasn't transacted out of our inventory in the first place, so just keep it and don't worry about it."...I guess it wasn't worth the trouble for $20, but we were THRILLED! So, in the end, our really good $20 deal turned out to be a REALLY REALLY good $20 deal!! And the funny thing is...we still don't use that second card much...takes so long to fill up the first one! But yes, their customer service is great!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member