Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NewEgg

NewEgg is definitely great - don't overlook their prices on printer ink next time you're looking to buy a refill. They sell HP double packs for less than some of the single packs (at least for my printer anyway). I was pleased.

A little customer service story about NewEgg. A year or so ago my DH did a bunch of research on a new memory card for my camera...decided on a 1GB card and found a GREAT price at NewEgg for $20 (for a high end - ie. fast reading and writing speed card), so he bought it. When the package arrived (very quickly of course!) we realized they'd accidentally given us two memory cards - the packages of the two separate cards were stuck together, making it look like one, so the warehouse person probably grabbed it off the shelf and assumed it was just one...packing slip qty was 1 and we were only charged the $20. My DH called them to ask how to send back the second one (we didn't pay for it so we wouldn't dream of keeping it, and we didn't really need a second one) and they said "well, we don't have a way to receive something into our computers that wasn't transacted out of our inventory in the first place, so just keep it and don't worry about it."...I guess it wasn't worth the trouble for $20, but we were THRILLED! So, in the end, our really good $20 deal turned out to be a REALLY REALLY good $20 deal!! And the funny thing is...we still don't use that second card much...takes so long to fill up the first one! But yes, their customer service is great!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

I just asked this question about Best Buy as well, but has anyone purchased a Newegg gift certificate & received SR credit? Crossing my fingers!

If you go to Shopping, then Shopping By Category, you can find Gift Certificates, which shows you which sites are known for giving credit for GC purchases.

Doesn't look like either store is on that list...
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks mollyellis. I did check that category & didn't see either store on there but wanted to ask in case someone else had given it a shot & either did or didn't get credit. I was (am) pretty sure that I know the answer to my own question thanks to that shopping category listing. But I'm hoping that I'm wrong because we're getting ready to make a pretty good sized gift card purchase from one of the two places. If there's a chance of getting credit for one that might sway our decision.