Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Downgrading to a Value-will I be disappointed?

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    Also - be prepared if you are going to be taking the buses - the lines can get really long first thing in the morning. Though the lines at POR last month were pretty bad at times too.

I have stayed at Pop - definitely not my favorite but for an extra trip to WDW, I'd stay there.

Have fun.
    I totally agree. The bus lines can be really long in the morning and just as long in the evening. But, for an extra trip to Disney, I could manage a week there. As others have said, just realize what you are getting in to. When we have stayed at POP, I have found the food court much more congested than other food courts and if we stayed again I would plan to eat in the room or in the parks more. Have a great trip.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

You guys convinced me-I figure I'll be off touring the parks/spending time with the boys rather than in my room, plus the price with bounceback was rocking.

Now, off to earn credits to fund this trip.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Question for those of you who have done values in the heat:
    I have my water shipped. If you do, do you get a fridge to keep water cold (at $12ish a night) or do you do a fridge swap, or do you just take a cooler and load it with ice to keep the water cold. Or do you just cope with lukewarm water?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Question for those of you who have done values in the heat:
    I have my water shipped. If you do, do you get a fridge to keep water cold (at $12ish a night) or do you do a fridge swap, or do you just take a cooler and load it with ice to keep the water cold. Or do you just cope with lukewarm water?
    When we stayed at a value - it was in 2003 - we got a fridge from the value (at that time I think it was $10 a night. And actually, we did not pay for it. It happened to be in the room when we got there, and they never charged us for it, nor did they remove it after we told them it was in there (we were not planning on renting one). But it was nice for our drinks and some of our leftovers from meals. We tend to eat dinner type food for breakfast, so it worked out well.

Also - I CANNOT stand warm water. You want it cold when it is SOOO hot. We go in July, and you really like the drinks ICE cold. IMO.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

We put a bag in the trash can and filled it up with ice and put our water bottles in there over night and during the day. Never had hot/lukewarm water the whole time
    Sunshine Rewards

Personally I would go over to that other board and do the fridge swap. I signed on my stepdaughter and her family for it last year and she said it was a piece of cake..picked it up...had the bellman deliver it to the room with the luggage and had them pick it up when they were leaving. Just my opinion.

OR
    If you have a car, you could get a Styrofoam cooler at the market along with your water from Florida (unless your a PS snob like me and have it shipped in...lol) or pack a soft size collapsible cooler. And you could have the boys(depending on their ages) go on an adventure every night to get the cooler filled with ice...now that was always an adventure with my girl and whomever she took along!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    Personally I would go over to that other board and do the fridge swap. I signed on my stepdaughter and her family for it last year and she said it was a piece of cake..picked it up...had the bellman deliver it to the room with the luggage and had them pick it up when they were leaving. Just my opinion.

OR
    If you have a car, you could get a Styrofoam cooler at the market along with your water from Florida (unless your a PS snob like me and have it shipped in...lol) or pack a soft size collapsible cooler. And you could have the boys(depending on their ages) go on an adventure every night to get the cooler filled with ice...now that was always an adventure with my girl and whomever she took along!
    I think they are having problems with fridges disappearing (either people not returning them, disney losing them, or disney mgt throwing them away) so I think I'd either bring my own, rent one, or "make one" like Mike and I do. The swaps were a good idea until from what I understand recently.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    ...OR
    We did this one year , but b/c we flew down, I shipped the cooler to POP, filled w/ our snacks, juice boxes and such. It cost about $16 to ship (weight of the juice boxes...). I tried to give away the cooler b/f we left, it was in perfect condition, but nobody would take it! Everyone was, what's the catch, what do I have to do? Um, just take the cooler and use it! So I wound up just leaving in in the room.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    We put a bag in the trash can and filled it up with ice and put our water bottles in there over night and during the day. Never had hot/lukewarm water the whole time
    I think I'm going to go with that-plus since the family'll be at a villa I could always share their real fridge.

I did a fridge swap at Pop in December successfully and I've signed up for another for August. As of now, it's not missing. If you could find one, it wouldn't hurt to sign up (the ones that have been around long are free now) and if it doesn't show up or you run into problems, you go back to plan b (just using ice in the trash can or whatever)
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!