Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Affordable scarves

Default Affordable scarves

Anyone ever shop through them or have any experience? I am madly in love with the necklace scarf Tricia posted on her travel jewelry blog, and I think I may also gt a scarf for Mom's stocking, and possibly the godmother, but have never heard of the company outside of that.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

They are actually located in Indianapolis and have invited me to come for a tour at their facility. From everything that I have seen so far, they are a really terrific company. The parent company is "Affordable Style" and they own Affordable Scarves, Sunglass Warehouse, Inexpensive Watches, Handbag Heaven, and a few other properties. We featured the Sunglass Warehouse cat eye sunglasses on our Twilight site last month and got great feedback.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I totally looked over this in the new merchant section. I love pashminas. They are the only scarves I use, even though I have others. It looks like they have a good selection at a good price. The ones I saw at TJ Maxx the other day were about the same price, but a little heavy and narrow for my tastes. All the ones I clicked on on Affordable Scarves were at least two feet wide, the solid color ones were 29" wide.

I think pashminas make great gifts. I use mine not only to wrap around my neck, but also pull over my hair if the wind is blowing or it's snowing (with enough length left to still cover my neck well). And my favorite part about them is that I can use them as a shawl if I'm somewhere my winter coat is too heavy for, but my shirt is not warm enough for (like restaurants).

Discovering this site was a great way to start my day
    Last edited by dwkay8; 11-17-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Can I tempt you all a bit more if I do a cash back increase?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Can I tempt you all a bit more if I do a cash back increase?
    Thanks, Tricia! Woohoo! Now to decide what I want...

I just placed an order! I got it in before 2, so it should ship today, so I might get it tomorrow since it ships from Indy. I'll be sure to review them once that happens!

They ship USPS, which I love! I think 5 dollars for shipping is a steal, but if you order over $40 shipping is free.

Here is what I ordered...

Abigail Crinkle Pashmina in Burgundy/Red

And the Solid Color Pashmina in Dark Green

I got my order today! They ship very quickly! I placed my order around 1:45 and had a shipping confirmation in about half an hour. Since it ships USPS and I live just around the corner, I got it today!

Both scarves were folded in individual plastic bags. The green pashmina looks just like that picture, is long, wide, and light weight - just how I like them!

The Abigail Crinkle pashmina is a little narrower and shorter than the solid color one (but I expected that based on product descriptions). I didn't notice it in the picture, but the fabric has a subtle swirly design in addition to the crinkle of the fabric.

The Abigail Crinkle also comes in brown and tan in addition to red. It's on sale for $10. It would make a great gift because it's a little fancier than the solid color pashminas, but isn't a fanciful pattern that may not suit someone's taste.

Oh no! With the cash back increase how can I resist?! Temptation too strong! I love so many of them, now to narrow it down!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

My fashion goal for this fall/winter is to learn how to style myself with scarves. I think I might make a visit to that website if things are on sale and there is increased cashback...
    Sunshine Rewards

I am a complete scarf noob. I purchased my first one a week ago (in a store) and looked at different "how to's" online to figure out different ways to wear it. Scarves are such great accessories and I think look so great on people. Now I'm hooked and will purchase a few from affordable scarves. I think if you're planning on wearing it around your neck (like in a 'mound') the loop scarves would be easiest to do.