Thread: phonebill charges

Default phonebill charges

not sure where i should put this but i just wanted to put it out there.

Warning: please be careful of what you are signing up for with all the surveys and offers.

i just found 2 charges of $15.70 and one $13.60 show up on my phone bill. he said they are from third party billings, most likely thru surveys completed on the computer. (i did not give that info first).

this is the only site where i do them. so i just wanted to warn others about this. he also said it is in the fine print. i now have to call the third party companies to get these charges removed.

of course my phone batteries just went dead, so i will have to call later.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Bummer! Thanks for the heads up.

Karn
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

ugh, i had the same thing happen a while back (maybe 6 months ago?). Thanks for the warning. I'll keep my eyes open.

The thing that stinks is that when it happened to me, they changed my long distance service in MY name, but our phone bill is in my DH's name. So, they would only allow my DH to switch it back since the bill is in his name. They wouldn't even speak to me about it. How ridiculous is that?
    Debbie

I had the same thing happen beginning with my Sept. phone bill. The first month my primary phone carrier took the charge off. My charge was for $8 and change. I also called the 3rd party service at that same time. They also said I had signed up through a survey. I was not aware at all. They said the service would be canceled. Oct. bill comes and the charge is on my bill again. I figured it had not processed in time. Nov. bill just came and it's on there again. Called the 3rd party service again and they said they could only take off 1 of the 2 months remaining charges. After "chatting" (mostly me chatting, and not really the happy kind of chat) awhile, he said both month's charges would be taken off, and also gave me his name when I asked and a confirmation # for the cancellation. I trust this will resolve the issue, but if for some reason it does not I would hate to be the person on the other end of the line if I have to call again.

This happened to me two- 2 $19.95 charges. I easily got it taken off, but still a startling surprise.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin