Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod/ iTunes Help Needed

Default iPod/ iTunes Help Needed

My DD10 got an iPod Nano (5th generation) for her birthday and we're trying to figure out how to get everything set up so that we can order some music for her off the iTunes site. So far, I've downloaded iTunes on the computer, but that's as far as I have gotten. What do I do next? Any additional help would be much appreciated!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Register for an iTunes account and then you should be good to go. Oh and set the options on iTunes not to autosychronize every time she plugs the nano into the computer and also find the option to allow you to add to a shopping cart and then check out all at once. Once that is set up close the program, clear cookies, and then come to SR and click on the iTunes link here so you get credit for your song purchases.
    Sunshine Rewards

Okay, I've got the registration done. How do I set it up to not auto synchronize and to add a shopping cart? Also, do I want Authorize This Computer or turn on Home Sharing? I've tried watching the tutorials, but for some reason, I can't get them to download on my computer.

Thank you so much!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yes you want to authorize that computer so that it will allow you to buy songs and put them on that iPod.

AutoSychronization:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Devices -> check the first box: prevent ipods, iphones, ipads from sychronizating

Also when you plug it in and you can click on the ipod on the left bar and when that screen comes up there should be an option not to Sychronize

I'm looking for the cart option
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Yes you want to authorize that computer so that it will allow you to buy songs and put them on that iPod.

AutoSychronization:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Devices -> check the first box: prevent ipods, iphones, ipads from sychronizating

Also when you plug it in and you can click on the ipod on the left bar and when that screen comes up there should be an option not to Sychronize

I'm looking for the cart option

Got those done!

Thank you!

P.S. What is Home Sharing?
    Sunshine Rewards

I have no idea but I'll be looking that one up.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well crap. I just looked at the iTunes forum and they got rid of the shopping cart. So basically downloading 1 album at a time will be fine with SR shopping credits (download 1, get confirmation, clear cookies, do the next one) but individual songs will be a PITA! Oh well.
    Sunshine Rewards

I purchase individual songs from itunes all of the time without any problem getting credits. The only time I had problems with getting credits, I was using IE8 to go through SR, I'm using Firefox now and haven't had any problems getting credit.

Itunes does a weird thing with the email receipts, I have purchased 10 individual songs and sometimes receive 3 different receipts, but the credits all seem to come to SR together, so don't worry about everything not being on the same receipt. Also, even though your music downloads right away, sometimes it takes a few days to receive the email about the purchase.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards

I've got a question...When I click on the iTunes link through SR, a window opens up in my browser that says it's loading the iTunes store, but then it opens the iTunes account on my computer. Is that the way it's supposed to work? Also, if I want to download individual songs, do I need to buy one and then go through the SR link again to buy another one?

Thank you so much for the info and the help!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by toystoryduo View Post
    I've got a question...When I click on the iTunes link through SR, a window opens up in my browser that says it's loading the iTunes store, but then it opens the iTunes account on my computer. Is that the way it's supposed to work? Also, if I want to download individual songs, do I need to buy one and then go through the SR link again to buy another one?

Thank you so much for the info and the help!
    Yes that is the way it is suppose to open/work. It seems like mom2ian has been able to purchase individual songs without a problem so that is awesome news. I'm going to give that a try this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2ian View Post
    I purchase individual songs from itunes all of the time without any problem getting credits. The only time I had problems with getting credits, I was using IE8 to go through SR, I'm using Firefox now and haven't had any problems getting credit.

Itunes does a weird thing with the email receipts, I have purchased 10 individual songs and sometimes receive 3 different receipts, but the credits all seem to come to SR together, so don't worry about everything not being on the same receipt. Also, even though your music downloads right away, sometimes it takes a few days to receive the email about the purchase.
    Thanks for the information. I've always used the shopping cart and checked out one time. I'm going to try this method and see if it works for me.
    Sunshine Rewards