Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do you get the best price on airline tickets?

I am hoping to fly to MCO in July. Right now, we will be driving (Bethany and me) But if I can fly fairly inexpensive, I will JUMP on that. Since it is only 2 of us compared to our usual 5, I am hopeful of doing this. With gas prices and a hotel stop on the way, and being the only adult traveling, flying would be SOOOOO much better. Do you all know when SW opens up their summer airfares? I have never flown SW, so I am a bit unsure about them.

And good luck with your airline ticket buying! That is always the most stressful part of my trip. Buying at JUST the right time.....
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, I bit the bullet last night and purchased the tickets TO Orlando. The total came to $94/a piece. Nothing to get excited over but an amount I'm willing to pay. I noticed the price went down some and was a perfect time for us to fly at 2:10pm considering we live 2 1/2 hours from the airport and they are an hour ahead of us. I didn't want a 9am flight and have to go the night before or get everyone up before dawn.

I'm going to wait till closer to time to purchase the return tickets. For some reason those are quite a bit higher so I'm going to wait another month or 2 and see if any good deals come out for that.

Oh Linanglag--I think I heard someone say that Southwest will release their summer dates on Dec. 20. It's seems when I was looking last night on there they mentioned something about being released sometime in January. Not sure if that helps or not??

Quote Originally Posted by abcboys View Post
    Oh Linanglag--I think I heard someone say that Southwest will release their summer dates on Dec. 20. It's seems when I was looking last night on there they mentioned something about being released sometime in January. Not sure if that helps or not??
    Thanks! I will keep my eyes out for them starting January 1. I do not even know exactly what dates I will be going to Disney. Waiting for my sister to let me know when they are going. Hoping to get good rates. I have never used Magic Express before, so that would be a first. Crossing my fingers for a great sale, otherwise I will be driving.....
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I am hoping to fly to MCO in July. Right now, we will be driving (Bethany and me) But if I can fly fairly inexpensive, I will JUMP on that. Since it is only 2 of us compared to our usual 5, I am hopeful of doing this. With gas prices and a hotel stop on the way, and being the only adult traveling, flying would be SOOOOO much better. Do you all know when SW opens up their summer airfares? I have never flown SW, so I am a bit unsure about them.

And good luck with your airline ticket buying! That is always the most stressful part of my trip. Buying at JUST the right time.....
    No advice on when the summer dates will be released but I love flying Southwest so don't worry about them. The seating can stress people out but its not that big of a deal and if you are with a kid you will get to sit together.

As far as ME goes I loved having them deal with luggage and driving me to the hotel. It was just so nice and relaxing. I had no problems whatsoever.
    Sunshine Rewards