Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney DVD Gift Express

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Man I feel dumb. When I scanned the first post yesterday on here I thought it was a club with disney movies specifically for 3month olds, 6 month olds, 9 month olds, and 12 month old kids and was like I have no use for this but its a cool idea. Duh Catherine!!
    Sorry, but that made me spit diet onto my screen! Thanks for the giggle!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Any update from those that did this? Did you receive credit for it?? I still want to do it regardless of the SR credit, but it would be nice little magical bonus don't you think??

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Any update from those that did this? Did you receive credit for it?? I still want to do it regardless of the SR credit, but it would be nice little magical bonus don't you think??
    I ordered 3 different gifts. 2 for 6 months and one for 3 months. They all credited. The first one within a couple of days right when Tricia first posted this. The 2nd was right before Christmas, and the 3rd was right after Christmas. The 2nd and 3rd Tricia pushed through before the end of the quarter. I received $10 for each of the 3 orders.

The 6 months were for my kids who both are in their late 20's and live on their own. They were BOTH thrilled. 3 month was for me to get some movies I was missing. I already received my first DVD.

I think it's great and I would do it again! I just might too. My nephew's birthday is at the end of the month. He's going to be 9 so the 3 month would be perfect for him.

HTH

OH! That is nice to hear. I think I will have to look at this offer. I would like to switch out some of my VHS tapes to DVDs. Thanks for the update!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I ordered 3 different gifts. 2 for 6 months and one for 3 months. They all credited. The first one within a couple of days right when Tricia first posted this. The 2nd was right before Christmas, and the 3rd was right after Christmas. The 2nd and 3rd Tricia pushed through before the end of the quarter. I received $10 for each of the 3 orders.

The 6 months were for my kids who both are in their late 20's and live on their own. They were BOTH thrilled. 3 month was for me to get some movies I was missing. I already received my first DVD.

I think it's great and I would do it again! I just might too. My nephew's birthday is at the end of the month. He's going to be 9 so the 3 month would be perfect for him.

HTH
    Awesome! Thanks Kathie! Now that the holidays are over, I'm all over getting this...for myself & DH!!

Did you pick the option to pick the movies for the reciepent or allow them to pick each month? Since it's for us, I'm wondering if I picked them all now if I could change one later?? I'm thinking of doing the 12 month plan simply because I need to exchange so many of my VHS to DVD...which soon enough will be obsolete won't they...sigh...

I need to go look it to the cost of this I think may be great for my DD Birthday but I need to look into it all befor mentioning it to Dh .
    Sarah~Mama to David, Emma, Ashlynn-grace and Peyton Alise 10-4-07Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding TickerSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Awesome! Thanks Kathie! Now that the holidays are over, I'm all over getting this...for myself & DH!!

Did you pick the option to pick the movies for the reciepent or allow them to pick each month? Since it's for us, I'm wondering if I picked them all now if I could change one later?? I'm thinking of doing the 12 month plan simply because I need to exchange so many of my VHS to DVD...which soon enough will be obsolete won't they...sigh...
    I did both. I let my kids pick their own and I picked all mine at once. I think my daughter said she only picked out a couple and will pick the others out later.

My first one was in my queue to ship right away so I couldn't have changed that one. I just went and looked and there is an option to change or remove the other 2 dvd's in my queue so the answer to your question is yes.

Keep an eye out to see which movies are being pulled and get those first. Disney does that from time to time and I think there are a couple being pulled January 31st. Any that don't get sold in any stores have to be sent back to Disney after that date.

I just checked the Disney Movie Club (different club) and Aladdin, Aladdin II & III Collection, Cinderella, Cinderella III and Cinderella II all disappear January 31st. Not sure if any of them are available on DVD EXpress or if you will get them if you put them in your queue.

I'm not big on the sequels but I do like to get the originals. As a matter of fact...I don't think we have Aladdin....I know we have Cinderella. Guess I'd better go buy it.

If you want them.....join the Disney Movie Club through SR and order them right away. You get 3 DVD's for $1.99 plus $10.00 credits. There is a commintment with the Disney Movie Club but if you want these disappearing dvd's......you'll most likely meet it.

Nope..........I don't work for Disney!!
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 01-10-2008 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2dea View Post
    I need to go look it to the cost of this I think may be great for my DD Birthday but I need to look into it all befor mentioning it to Dh .

3 Month was $59.85, 6 month was $107.70. No tax in RI and free shipping. The more months you get the less expensive the DVD's. I think if you get the 12 months, it's $14.95 a dvd. They do charge your CC in advance for the entire amount.

The good thing is they ship once a month so with kids, it's like getting a present every month instead of a whole load of DVD's at once like a book of the month club. Leave it to Disney to think of that!

Thanks for the prices !!!
    Sarah~Mama to David, Emma, Ashlynn-grace and Peyton Alise 10-4-07Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding TickerSunshine Rewards

I just did this. I got The Wild, Dinosaur (both of which we don't have) and then I ordered Robin Hood (to replace the VHS tape).

As my 13 year old son was looking over my shoulder this morning as I was considering this, he was telling me which ones were his favorite, and to order this one and that one.....I definitely have a Disney fan son in the making! I have raised him right!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards