Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney DVD Gift Express

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    I'm thinking of doing the 12 month plan simply because I need to exchange so many of my VHS to DVD...which soon enough will be obsolete won't they...sigh...
    Which the vhs or the dvd? I hate the ever changing technologies.

Ok back to the conversation at hand. I think I might go see which movies they have available. Don't forget 101 Dalmations comes out on DVD this spring.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I did both. I let my kids pick their own and I picked all mine at once. I think my daughter said she only picked out a couple and will pick the others out later.

My first one was in my queue to ship right away so I couldn't have changed that one. I just went and looked and there is an option to change or remove the other 2 dvd's in my queue so the answer to your question is yes.

Keep an eye out to see which movies are being pulled and get those first. Disney does that from time to time and I think there are a couple being pulled January 31st. Any that don't get sold in any stores have to be sent back to Disney after that date.

I just checked the Disney Movie Club (different club) and Aladdin, Aladdin II & III Collection, Cinderella, Cinderella III and Cinderella II all disappear January 31st. Not sure if any of them are available on DVD EXpress or if you will get them if you put them in your queue.

I'm not big on the sequels but I do like to get the originals. As a matter of fact...I don't think we have Aladdin....I know we have Cinderella. Guess I'd better go buy it.

If you want them.....join the Disney Movie Club through SR and order them right away. You get 3 DVD's for $1.99 plus $10.00 credits. There is a commintment with the Disney Movie Club but if you want these disappearing dvd's......you'll most likely meet it.

Nope..........I don't work for Disney!!
    eek! I don't think I have Aladdin on DVD. Must check tonight and find it somewhere. I wish the club would charge each month and not all up front. That puts a damper on it since I am on the spending freeze right now.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    eek! I don't think I have Aladdin on DVD. Must check tonight and find it somewhere. I wish the club would charge each month and not all up front. That puts a damper on it since I am on the spending freeze right now.
    That is why I only got the 3 month. I figured if it is still available after this subscription expires, I will do another 3 month one. With the $10 credit, I think it would be worth it. You can do it more than once, can't you? Also...thanks for telling me about 101 Dalmations! My DD loves that movie. When she was younger we had to watch it EVERY day before nap.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Which the vhs or the dvd? I hate the ever changing technologies.
    DVDs...w/HD DVDs my DVDs will be obsolete in a few years...but I'm hoping there will be some sort of converter or something! Lord knows I've heard enough about converters & the whole TV thing lately! I, too, hate the ever changing technologies....

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    That is why I only got the 3 month. I figured if it is still available after this subscription expires, I will do another 3 month one. With the $10 credit, I think it would be worth it. You can do it more than once, can't you? Also...thanks for telling me about 101 Dalmations! My DD loves that movie. When she was younger we had to watch it EVERY day before nap.
    Oooh, that's a good way of thinking. See i was going to do the 12 months up front (w/my Disney visa of course), but you're right...$10 each time?? Wonder if the address can be the same each time? I could get "me" a gift one time & then DH a gift another time...$20 in SR credits...not too shabby!!

Kathie-Thank you for posting which are going away! I need Cinderella & Aladdin for sure!! Thank you!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

DVDs...w/HD DVDs my DVDs will be obsolete in a few years...but I'm hoping there will be some sort of converter or something! Lord knows I've heard enough about converters & the whole TV thing lately! I, too, hate the ever changing technologies....

Oooh, that's a good way of thinking. See i was going to do the 12 months up front (w/my Disney visa of course), but you're right...$10 each time?? Wonder if the address can be the same each time? I could get "me" a gift one time & then DH a gift another time...$20 in SR credits...not too shabby!!

Kathie-Thank you for posting which are going away! I need Cinderella & Aladdin for sure!! Thank you!

Isn't it funny how Cinderella and Aladdin are a NEED? LOL Well...they are in my home too! Definitely necessities!

I sent this batch to my boys. Next time I will send them to my DD. Then maybe to DH. That is if we are allowed to. I will have to check into that.
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

I think dvd's can play on the Blue Rays (that's what seems to be winning out). I think they have the same thing going for them that the play stations do where you can play a PS1 game on a PS2 but not a PS3 on the PS2.

Anyways I think I might give the 3 month thing a try and see how it goes. I need to pull out my disney dvd movie checklist and compare to the site to see which ones I need to order.

Angela - I saw the ad for the dalmations on the Ratatouie dvd.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Isn't it funny how Cinderella and Aladdin are a NEED? LOL Well...they are in my home too! Definitely necessities!

I sent this batch to my boys. Next time I will send them to my DD. Then maybe to DH. That is if we are allowed to. I will have to check into that.
    Yeah & I have my parents address that I could send to as well...they don't live far.

Let me know if you find out anything!!

My hubby says that regular DVDs can be played on BlueRay. He wants to upgrade adn I was like what about our DVDs and he said they can play on that too.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    My hubby says that regular DVDs can be played on BlueRay. He wants to upgrade adn I was like what about our DVDs and he said they can play on that too.
    All of that technology stuff is just so confusing. They just need to sell adapters to EVERYTHING so it is easier and cheaper than updating EVERYTHING!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    Ok good! Thanks for letting me know! See, I don't pay too much attention because it changes so much!!

Just like the iPods...I can't get into them...too techy for me.