Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney DVD Gift Express

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    It's a regular shopping offer. So you can actually do it more than once.
    This is what Tricia said in the beginning of this thread. How I missed it? I am just stupid....LOL
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    This is what Tricia said in the beginning of this thread. How I missed it? I am just stupid....LOL

Disney & SR credits....ahh I love it when a good thing comes together nicely like that!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yay!! I like that its shopping and not a paid trial.

Thanks Dee on the confirmation that dvds can play on blue ray. I'm not buying a player anytime soon but I did tell Mike that when he passes the exam that I'd half a PS3 (for rock band of course) so that would have the blue ray built into it.
    Sunshine Rewards

okay, I was starting to get worried about what if my husband was wrong. He really is up in all this (he is very rarely wrong) but I wanted to make sure I gave good info. And yes he was right, here is a quote from blueraythemselves.

Will Blu-ray be backwards compatible with DVD?

Yes, several leading consumer electronics companies (including Sony, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Pioneer, Sharp and LG) have already demonstrated products that can read/write CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs using a BD/DVD/CD compatible optical head, so you don't have to worry about your existing DVD collection becoming obsolete. In fact, most of the Blu-ray players coming out will support upscaling of DVDs to 1080p/1080i, so your existing DVD collection will look even better than before. While it's up to each manufacturer to decide if they want to make their products backwards compatible with DVD, the format is far too popular to not be supported. The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) expects every Blu-ray Disc device to be backward compatible with DVDs.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    okay, I was starting to get worried about what if my husband was wrong. He really is up in all this (he is very rarely wrong) but I wanted to make sure I gave good info. And yes he was right, here is a quote from blueraythemselves.

Will Blu-ray be backwards compatible with DVD?

Yes, several leading consumer electronics companies (including Sony, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Pioneer, Sharp and LG) have already demonstrated products that can read/write CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs using a BD/DVD/CD compatible optical head, so you don't have to worry about your existing DVD collection becoming obsolete. In fact, most of the Blu-ray players coming out will support upscaling of DVDs to 1080p/1080i, so your existing DVD collection will look even better than before. While it's up to each manufacturer to decide if they want to make their products backwards compatible with DVD, the format is far too popular to not be supported. The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) expects every Blu-ray Disc device to be backward compatible with DVDs.

Thats' whay I love this place. Sunshiner's a font of knowlegde and don't mind sharing!!

Thanks for this info. I'm not a techie either but DH has been mentioning Blue-Ray and Disney DVD's are now coming out on Blue-Ray and regular DVD's. And I thought I was confused when they started doing WIDESCREEN.
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 01-10-2008 at 01:48 PM.

I was just able to change my next DVD. It is scheduled to ship on Jan 26th and you can change it up to 24 hours before the ship date. It will ship before the 31st so I made it just under the wire.

I took off Treasure Island and ordered Aladdin. I do already have Cinderella.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I was just able to change my next DVD. It is scheduled to ship on Jan 26th and you can change it up to 24 hours before the ship date. It will ship before the 31st so I made it just under the wire.

I took off Treasure Island and ordered Aladdin. I do already have Cinderella.
    Very cool! One question...when they say things like "Special Edition"...that's still just the regular version of the movie, just w/some extras right or special packaging? Like Cinderella for example...that says Special Edition...
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Very cool! One question...when they say things like "Special Edition"...that's still just the regular version of the movie, just w/some extras right or special packaging? Like Cinderella for example...that says Special Edition...
    Yeah. Its so that if you already have the regular version you'll want to buy the Special Edition and then in 10 years when they are rereleased from the vault they do Platinum Edition with like even more extras.
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I meant to do this one but joined the Disney Movie Club, instead. I forgot about it. I have already purchased 2/4 so I might go thru DVD Gift Express to get some others that I want

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Yeah. Its so that if you already have the regular version you'll want to buy the Special Edition and then in 10 years when they are rereleased from the vault they do Platinum Edition with like even more extras.

EXACTLY!!! It's Disney after all!!