View Poll Results: Are You Spending Less This Holiday Season?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because our family situation necessitates it.

22 40.74%
  • Yes, because I am afraid of what the economy is going to do in 2008.

6 11.11%
  • No, I'm actually spending more.

7 12.96%
  • No, I'm spending about the same as always.

18 33.33%
  • I have no clue whatsoever!

1 1.85%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are You Shopping as Much This Year?

Yes, BUT my economic position is different (grown-up job, not a student) than it was last year, so i'm spening more $ but probably a smaller % of my income.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Each year I tell everyone and myself that I am going to scale back on Christmas gifts. Yeah, right. This year I spent as much, and probably more than last year. I just never seem to be able to cut down on spending on my granddaughters. Everytime I think I'm done, I find something that is perfect for one of them, then I need to get something for the others to even my spending out. This just goes on and on...........
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm not sure - I voted same as last year, cause I know I spent about the same on the kids, our parents, niece, nephews. But I did spend less on DH. I got him 2 small gifts. You know why- he bought himself a 'toy' two weeks ago. A $1300 rifle. Too bad I can't get Sunshine Rewards back on that purchase.

Also, we bought a house this year, along with new furniture, new landscaping, new a lot of stuff! Neither one of us could really come up with much that we wanted for Christmas anyway. It's been a very good year for us.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

We simply had too. We have a huge house and go through 500 gallons of propane a month. Last year, it was almost $500 to fill the take. This year it is over a $1000 to fill the same tank. Luckily for us...three of our children are grown and they completely understood. So for Christmas, they are getting one larger gift and we are taking them and their families on Vacation this summer...instead of a bunch of things they really don't need. They can't afford vacations with their new families and thought the idea was great.

well none of the above really fits mine. i am spending less because last year we spent a lot and all we got was very cheap things. so i said i was not spending 300-400 per couple again. so this year i spent around 100-150 per couple.

I think I could spend a LOT less if my family would agree to do name drawing or whatever, but they won't! With DH's family everyone has agreed to just buy for the kids, so that is great. But with my family my aunts and uncles won't agree to that - so not only do we have to buy gifts for all my cousins, but for my six uncles and two aunts too!