Thread: Sales Tax - WOW

Default Sales Tax - WOW

Just read in the paper yesterday that in the state of Tennessee you were suppose to report all purchases on internet sales if you were not charged sales tax on the purchase. The state would then charge you for the taxes. Oh dear.......... what to do
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I think a lot of states have that. It's actually for anything that you buy in other states like if you do a mail order or phone order for QVC or buy a car over the border into the next state or anything.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

That sort of law makes it hard on a person. It's not an easy thing to do.
    Sammielynn

how many shopping orders really don't charge sales tax though??? everythign i've bought this weekend was charged tax.
    Jennifer -

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
    how many shopping orders really don't charge sales tax though??? everythign i've bought this weekend was charged tax.
    Amazon doesn't charge, in Tn, at least.

Amazon doesn't charge tax in WI either and I shop there often. Anything I buy online that does not have a store in my state does not charge sales tax.
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

I think that all states want you to do that.

With amazon it's moot for us, as we're in WA and get to pay our nearly 10% sales tax on purchases directly from amazon anyway (but not with merchants that don't have actual sites in WA). Other sites, though...

And then drugstore.com has a facility in WA (I should know, I worked there, too, after amazon!), and of course any state that has a toyrus etc etc etc gets charged tax if you're in that state. It's few and far between that I don't have to pay salestax on an order.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
    You are so right. I just told DH over the weekend that this is the first time I've ever been charged tax online at every merchant I've shopped.

I don't like it.
    Sunshine Rewards

thank goodness i'm not in tennessee. if alabama gets wind of this, we'll be paying this tax too! i've paid sales tax on everything i've bought so far this holiday season, though.