Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got 2 awesome deals today!

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

Default I got 2 awesome deals today!

I just had to share. I saw some of this on Dis so I can't take the credit for figuring it out myself.

I went through SR for restaurants.com. They are having 1/2 off right now. I needed a birthday gift for my SIL and she just moved to Lafayette, IN so I figured it'd be a nice gift so she could try out some new restaurants. I decided on the gc route through them b/c I wasn't sure which restuarants she'd like or had tried. A $50 gc is $20 there. Used code Stocking and got it for $10.

When you get your confirmation from them, a $20 Dale & Thomas gc code is included. Sooooo, you know where this is heading, right?

I clicked through SR for D&T. Put a 6 pack sampler in the cart and it offered me a 12 pack for the price of 6! So now I have 12 packs for $28 in my cart. So I have the $20 gc to them and also a free shipping code for my birthday from joining the pop club. So I got a 12 pack sampler for $8, shipped after gc and shipping code!! Woo! If you don't have a free shipping code, it'd be $15.95 I think for the 12 pack. Still an awesome deal!

So I got:

$50 gc at restaurant.com for $10, 7% back from SR
    12 pack sampler ($55.95 shipped on average) for $8!!, 7% back from SR

Total out of pocket for $106 worth of stuff= $18.

It's been a good day!

Holy smokes! That is a fantastic deal!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I tried the Restaraunts.com deal but there are NO good places near us .
    When I ordered the sampler pack from D&T, it popped up with the 12 pk for $28 and I couldn't pass that up!! I had one of the $20 gift cards from before plus free shipping. So, I got a 6 pk and 12 pk for $36...not as great as your deal, but not too bad .
    Sunshine Rewards

Be sure that these Dale and Thomas are getting posted in the official contest thread to win a Taste of Sunshine!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

thanks for posting about the Dale & Thomas ... I didn't have free shipping, but I had a $5 credit from points in the Pop Club from my last order, so I got the 12 pack sampler for $10 shipped ... but I think that I won't get my SR credit for it because I had a extra window up trying to make sure I got the $5 pop club credit and think things got confuzzled ... so no SR credit for me and no entry in the contest for me I guess ...

at least it's still a good deal!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks! I just got a gift card to try out this German place Mike and I have been talking about. $25 gc for $5!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok I bit the bullet and am also trying Dale & Thomas. I got the 12 pack sampler and I'm so excited!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

I'm glad that other people are able to get in on some deals too.

Thanks for sharing because you really jogged my memory! I made a restaurant.com purchase a little while ago & when I logged into my account this morning, that purchase was good enough for the Dale & Thomas gift code. I didn't expect that! So then I went to D&T to order the 6 flavor sampler (my first purchase there!) & it offered me the 12 flavor for the same price. After shipping & the code, that was only $16!

So here's my deal breakdown:
    Face value: $25 at restaurant.com + 12 flavor sampler & shipping at $56 = $98
    Out of Pocket: $5 to restaurant.com + $16 to D&T = $21

So thanks for reminding me to see what my "situation" was!!

Thanks for this post!

I just got 2 Rest.com giftcards for gifts, and got the giftcard in the confirmation. So Of course I went to D&T and ordered the 12 pack with the giftcard. 15.95, which breaks down to $1.33 per bag....that's a steal!

Plus an entry into the contest!

What more could a girl want????
    Sunshine Rewards